Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1Dx 14fps: live view or blind shooting?

ZoneV_Nikon
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1Dx 14fps: live view or blind shooting?

In 14 fps mirror up, jpeg-only, AF, AE, and ISO-restricted shooting, can one compose using live view? I know there is no viewfinder b/c the mirror is locked up. But is the LCD monitor just blank (i.e. you have to shoot blind and guess composition) or is live view functional? No reviewer has ever explained this, and no video has ever showed a live view display during operation.

Oct 21, 2012 at 05:04 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1Dx 14fps: live view or blind shooting?

The LCD monitor is blacked out during H* shooting. If you put the camera in LiveView mode before shooting, you can see the scene on the rear LCD monitor before and after the H* shooting cycle, but not during. There is no appreciable time lag when pushing the shutter button to start the shooting cycle, but there is about a 2 sec lag after it ends, before the LV display is up again.

Page 113 and 330 of the manual describe limitations on max speed associated with shutter speed, ISO and image recording settings.

On pg 113, the manual says that when you set H* mode, the <H> will blink on the top LCD panel and the H* icon will be displayed on the LCD monitor. On my 1DX, I see the blinky H, but nothing on the LCD monitor. My firmware and manual are up to date.

Oct 22, 2012 at 07:00 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.