Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

bimmer_man
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I am in love with the Xpro1 too. I had actually switched between it and the XE1 but ended up landing on the pro. Despite the fact that I only use the EVF I decided that the size, look, feel, construction and better LCD convinced me to put the XE1 up for sale. I probably won't be using any alt lenses so the lower resolution EVF is not a big deal.

I like the size of the Xpro1 a lot better, seemed to cover up the AF assist lamp on the XE1 and I also felt it wasn't tall enough for me either. The look of it is amazing, gives me the impression of a real rf camera. The feel is amazing in my hand and feels more balanced especially with the 18-55mm zoom lens mounted. Xpro1 also feels like it is alot better built too.

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:25 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I agree about the X-Pro 1 being right-sized. I use it and the X100, and they feel just right in my hands (which usually hold Canon 1D-series cameras). I'll likely be getting a second X-system body after getting both the XF 14/2.8 R and XF 56/1.4 R. That'll probably be next year. Hopefully, the new X camera will be an X-Pro 2.

Jan 10, 2013 at 06:58 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I also agree. The X-pro1 has a nicer size, feels better in the hand. However, I use the grip on my X-E1 and that way it feels even better than the X-pro1 IMHO.

Jan 10, 2013 at 07:19 AM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I'd have to agree the X-Pro1 size is my favorite CSC/X series camera I've tried yet.
One reason why I wouldn't be able to swap out my X-Pro1 for an X-E1 is that I dont think the XE-1 will hold up to as much physical abuse due to the lack of a full magnesium alloy casing.
I do a lot of work that puts my camera is pretty crappy situations and the X-Pro1 has held up like a little feather weight tank.
I should take some shots of my camera, I'd bet it looks more beat up than most X-Pro1's, the whole body shows wear along the edges.
I'd love to have a X100/X100S size camera for when I really don't feel like bringing all my gear, but I don't think I'd enjoy using a camera of that size 24/7.
If Fuji does good on all the X100S updates, then the X-Pro2 will be closest thing to a perfect CSC camera IMO.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:46 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Brody LeBlanc wrote:
...If Fuji does good on all the X100S updates, then the X-Pro2 will be closest thing to a perfect CSC camera IMO.

I'm quietly optimistic that it will be an excellent camera.

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM
ssnap
• •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

+1

Jan 10, 2013 at 05:41 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Let me ask you this as a genuine non trolling question. How many of you could shoot a wedding with an x100 xe1 xpro 1? Or even running toddlers?

My guess would be next to none , am I wrong?

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Jeremy Reitman
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

h00ligan wrote:
Let me ask you this as a genuine non trolling question. How many of you could shoot a wedding with an x100 xe1 xpro 1? Or even running toddlers?

My guess would be next to none , am I wrong?

Wedding...no problem.

Running toddlers, or sports,etc...I've got a 14 month old at home and i end up with plenty of great shots. Are there as many keepers, probably not but I still think the autofocus is as good if not better than my 5D Mark 2.

Jan 11, 2013 at 09:37 AM
ssnap
• •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I don't shoot weddings any more, I primarily capture album photos and do portraits for our family. Every photographer has different needs and different styles. You have to evaluate the equipment to determine whether it satisfies those needs and if the potential trade-offs are acceptable.

I decided that the Fujifilm X-Pro 1 meets my needs and I have been exceedingly happy with it. I'm photographing two toddlers with it, but the action shots aren't this cameras strong point. If I was doing photography for a living I would own more than just this camera.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I agree with h00ligan I wouldn't trust using this camera for a serious gig wedding or running kids, I would use it has a supplement to my dslr, but hell no, I wouldn't replace it

I trust my cell phone more when it comes to tracking subjects

Got rid of it after a few events, don't even use it for personal use anymore

AF is important to me in all situations, not just in good light areas

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

jojomon11 wrote:
I agree with h00ligan I wouldn't trust using this camera for a serious gig wedding or running kids, I would use it has a supplement to my dslr, but hell no, I wouldn't replace it

I trust my cell phone more when it comes to tracking subjects

Got rid of it after a few events, don't even use it for personal use anymore

AF is important to me in all situations, not just in good light areas

I shouldn't think that using an X-Pro1 or an X-E1 should be that much of a problem for someone experienced taking wedding photos. After all these used to be a fixture for many wedding photographers:

http://www.schnittbildindikator.de/Kameras/Konica_Koni-Omega/Bilder/Original/Konica_Koni-Omega_Rapid.jpg

http://www.schnittbildindikator.de/Kameras/Konica_Koni-Omega/Konica_Koni-Omega.shtml

Rich

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

The colors on these pictures are really saturated, I really like them. Was the camera set to Vivid?

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM
olbez
• •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

DaveOls wrote:
The colors on these pictures are really saturated, I really like them. Was the camera set to Vivid?

Yeah looks like it was set to Velvia The new fujis emulate the looks of the old fuji films. And do so quite well I must say!

Jan 12, 2013 at 05:37 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.