Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2012 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Vern Dewit
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Great photos!

I owned the X-Pro but didn't like the size (too big) - everything else was outstanding. XE-1 is in the mail and can't wait to view the gorgeous files these cameras / lenses are capable of. I generally only shoot family stuff with the Fuji's so they're my 'JPEG' cameras. (I have the Sony NEX-7 for RAW landscape stuff.)

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

ssnap wrote:
I thought about waiting for the x-e1, but thought I'd like the optical view finder. I use the display more than anything. Now I wonder if I should have saved $300. I'm still happy as can be so no worries.

Given the choice, I'd spend the extra money IF the X-Pro1 and XE-1 were the same size. The addition of the optical viewfinder is something I'd like to have; before hearing about how the XE-1 EVF performed, I actually thought the lack of an OVF was going to be a deal-breaker.

But size was the trump card for my decision, not money. Smaller size (w/ better EVF) beat OVF.

Keep shooting... looks like your killing it with your X-Pro!

Oct 22, 2012 at 01:12 PM
ssnap
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Thanks! I agree the x-pro is physically larger but it's much lighter than my 7d. Good enough for me

Oct 22, 2012 at 05:31 PM
Jeremy Reitman
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Sold my 5D Mk 2 and all my canon gear b/c they were just sitting in the closet at home. Why keep all that stuff around if you're not going to use it. I've taken more pictures in the last few weeks with my X-Pro1 than I've taken in the last year with my 5D. Love this little camera.

I've got an 18mm being delivered tomorrow, but am wondering whether as one of the earlier posters said, I should just wait for the 23. The 35 1.4 was my favorite canon lens and stayed on my camera most of the time. I'm afraid the 18 might be just a little too wide.

Oct 24, 2012 at 02:07 PM
TSY87
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I had the xpro1 for a short time when it came out... As expected, the iq was amazing but I couldnt justify the price to keep it.

The xe-1 caught my eye since I mostly used the EVF, however now that sony has a FF point and shoot... I will be waiting to see if they come out with a FF nex.

Oct 24, 2012 at 02:21 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Jeremy Reitman wrote:
Sold my 5D Mk 2 and all my canon gear b/c they were just sitting in the closet at home. Why keep all that stuff around if you're not going to use it. I've taken more pictures in the last few weeks with my X-Pro1 than I've taken in the last year with my 5D. Love this little camera.

I've got an 18mm being delivered tomorrow, but am wondering whether as one of the earlier posters said, I should just wait for the 23. The 35 1.4 was my favorite canon lens and stayed on my camera most of
...Show more

You could pick up an X100... Great companion to the X-Pro 1 and it weighs less than a 35/1.4L (lens alone).

Oct 24, 2012 at 02:22 PM
Jeremy Reitman
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

jcolwell wrote:
You could pick up an X100... Great companion to the X-Pro 1 and it weighs less than a 35/1.4L (lens alone).

Ha...thanks, but I don't want or need a second body. I'll shoot with the 18mm for a couple days and determine whether i want to wait for the 23mm.

Oct 24, 2012 at 02:23 PM
ssnap
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

The 18mm has tempted me too, but with the 14 around the corner I'd prefer that for wide. I think the 14/23/35/56 will be a great combo. I've considered keeping the Canon gear to make money on the side. The speed, AF, and 70-200 are the main reasons.

Oct 24, 2012 at 04:27 PM
Jeremy Reitman
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I guess I'm wondering when in 2013 they're actually planning on releasing it. According to the roadmap, it's in the first part of the year...hmm

Oct 24, 2012 at 04:28 PM
JTS1
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Great shots. I am in a love/hate relationship with my X-Pro1. When I nail a shot, the IQ just gives you goosebumps. The Firmware 2.0 did improve the autofocus but it is still a pain. And Fujifilm is nuts with their software. Their (supposedly lousy) Silky Pix would work on my operating system since I have mountain lion (Mac) - that must be a joke. I use Aperture as my primary catalog, won't work. At least I can edit in CS6. But too cumbersome for snapshots of friends.

The build quality is great. And the weight saves my back. But when I miss many more shots than I should, I really wish I lugged my Nikon D4, I never miss any shot with it and all software works with it.

After I want to throw the X-Pro1 against the wall for missing a shot, I get one and the IQ erases all the negativity. So love/hate. Fujifilm could have done much better.

Oct 24, 2012 at 04:29 PM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I agree that the AF still isn't that great. Not so much the speed, but sometimes it just refuses to focus on a subject. You'll get the red AF box, try again, red AF box, try again, YES green AF box.
I can live with it, but it's just not great.
Luckily it's accurate when it locks.

Oct 25, 2012 at 02:35 AM
ssnap
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I found that changing the size of the focus box can happen in those situations. It's essentially enlarging the area to search for focus, it usually just needs something to contrast with in those situations.
Hold the AF button while turning the command dial to resize the focus box. I hope that helps.

Oct 25, 2012 at 05:07 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

I think Fujifilm could do two things to dramatically improve their cameras through the years:

- Get full support from software vendors and stop releasing weird, non-functioning software.

- Stop putting Pro in the name of all their cameras. They must be joking. This is amateur hour at its best. Great sensors and colours, terrible AF, operation and software.

Oct 25, 2012 at 05:40 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

ssnap wrote:
I found that changing the size of the focus box can happen in those situations. It's essentially enlarging the area to search for focus, it usually just needs something to contrast with in those situations.
Hold the AF button while turning the command dial to resize the focus box. I hope that helps.

It's true that the size of the focus box can make a difference. Use a larger one when possible. I'm already doing this.
I use the X-E1 and I only have to press the AF button once, then turn the wheel to change the size. I don't have to hold it while turning, isn't that the same with the X-PRO1?

Oct 25, 2012 at 06:23 AM
jonrock
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

ssnap wrote:
The 18mm has tempted me too, but with the 14 around the corner I'd prefer that for wide. I think the 14/23/35/56 will be a great combo. I've considered keeping the Canon gear to make money on the side. The speed, AF, and 70-200 are the main reasons.

You can also wait for the Zeiss 12mm f2.8 that's coming out for both Nex E and Fuji X mounts next year if you prefer something even wider.

Oct 25, 2012 at 06:41 AM
RobCD
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

carstenw wrote:
I think Fujifilm could do two things to dramatically improve their cameras through the years:

- Get full support from software vendors and stop releasing weird, non-functioning software.

- Stop putting Pro in the name of all their cameras. They must be joking. This is amateur hour at its best. Great sensors and colours, terrible AF, operation and software.

What are all of the Fuji cameras that have Pro in the name? Of the three APS-C cameras I believe only one has Pro in the name. Then there is the X10. Maybe P&S or older models have the Pro label?

Oct 25, 2012 at 07:21 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

All the high-end ones, not the mid-range cameras. S1 Pro, S2 Pro, S3 Pro, S5 Pro, X-Pro 1.

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:32 AM
RobCD
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Ok, thanks. i didn't know much about Fuji cameras other than the X line.

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:50 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

Who cares what the name is? I'd be just as happy with an XE-1 if it was called the XE-Blows.

(I also tape the camera logos/bright spots.)

Oct 25, 2012 at 09:49 AM
mortyb
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · X-Pro 1 - I must be nuts but...I LOVE this camera.

justruss wrote:
Who cares what the name is? I'd be just as happy with an XE-1 if it was called the XE-Blows.

Oct 25, 2012 at 09:51 AM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.