Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              9      
       11       12       end

lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

mmbma

Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #1 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

Nipon photo

Nov 05, 2013 at 07:08 PM
sebboh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #2 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

triplelatte wrote:
Sebboh,

Seems like your front ring measurements have a slight discrepancy.

You show a total depth of .359, but the two individual measurements only add up to .319 (.123 + .196).

good catch! thanks! the number should be .319. i'll update it. i add .123 to the .236 from the old diagram on accident instead of the .196 value. i was kinda in a hurry when i made it, that's why i wanted people other people to look it over to make sure i didn't make any careless errors (like that).

dkerins wrote:
Thanks for doing this Sebboh. I am not well versed in these type of drawings/specifications so I am not sure if I can offer much in the way of feedback.

I was given a link to the CNC firm used by triplelatte for his batch of g28 adapter rings. I bought a set from him and can confirm they worked well so that may be a vote of confidence to the firm that manufactured them.

I can take the lead in contacting this firm and working with them on getting a small batch (5 sets) created.

I will start with sending
...Show more

sounds good. just an fyi, i didn't make any effort to make the drawing to scale. also, if you pm me your email address i'll send you an updated pdf version of the diagram.

Nov 05, 2013 at 07:10 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.10 #3 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

Getting excited!!!
If the price is right, I may order a second set.

Nov 19, 2013 at 08:01 AM
dkerins

p.10 #4 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

Quick update, I have been going back and forth with Cora at www.shsiage.com. She has been very responsive. I expect the rings will be done soon. I will update when they are shipped.

Nov 23, 2013 at 06:33 PM
m-a-x
• •
p.10 #5 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

Dear fellow modders,

I'd like a Konica AR to Fujifilm X speed booster. Since it does not yet exist, I thought I should try to make one.

I currently own neither a speed booster nor a conventional AR-adapter and even no Hexanon lens.
Before buying those items I wanted to ask for some data and opinions so that I don't purchase the wrong things.

I can think of two general options to approach this:

First approach: Use a longer speed booster (e.g. Minolta MC/MD), shortening it at the front and attach a Hexanon mount from an old donor camera at the shortened end. Not sure, however, if the glass elements from the speed booster are supporting that mod.

Second approach: Use a conventional AR-FX adapter, buy any speed booster and remove the lens group, in order to place it within the conventional adapter. However, I doubt that the length would be correct. On top of that, the glass elements from the speed booster could be suboptimal.

These are the factors which make me uncertain, perhaps one of you knows better:
A) Is the speed booster's lens group always the same (dimensions, optical formula) for one camera mont, notwithstanding the lens mount type (MC/MD, FD, CY,...)?
B) Is the speed booster lens group at the same distance, relative to the Fuji sensor, for any of these lens types?
C) What are the thicknesses of the speed booster, flange-to-flange, for the different mount types? I understand that the speed booster is thinner than a conventional adapter. I am interested in Fuji X camera mount adapters but please feel free to provide measurements of NEX adapters, too, if you could.

Thanks 1000x

Nov 23, 2013 at 08:36 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.10 #6 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

dkerins wrote:
Quick update, I have been going back and forth with Cora at www.shsiage.com. She has been very responsive. I expect the rings will be done soon. I will update when they are shipped.

I assume you mean the prototypes. Edit: I missed the 5 sets in the other post.... Who gets them?

Do you have a rough estimate on what the rings will cost? I'd like to have my funds in place so I can minimize any delay.

Nov 26, 2013 at 08:30 AM
dkerins

p.10 #7 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

I received the g45 adapter rings from China today. A quick inspection shows the measurements to be good.

Looking back on the thread, the interested parties with first dibs are:

Sebboh
LightShow
flashinm

My cost is close to $250 for 5 sets. So $50 per set if you want one.

Dec 03, 2013 at 05:54 AM
sebboh
• • • • •
p.10 #8 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

yay!

Dec 04, 2013 at 03:52 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.10 #9 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

Woo hoo!
dkerins, PM incoming!

Dec 04, 2013 at 04:50 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.10 #10 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

dkerins.... Where are you??

Dec 05, 2013 at 05:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

dkerins

p.10 #11 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

Its that time of year. So many things going on makes for a 14 hour day.

Got all your messages and I will send PMs to get things underway.

LightShow wrote:
dkerins.... Where are you??

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:07 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.10 #12 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

Sweet!
Don't mind me, I'm just being impatient, my G45 has been in pieces for a few months and I really want to put her back together before something happens to her... Oh goody a pm!

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:14 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.10 #13 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

I just received my rings, thanks.
I had to add some relief to the first screw holes you use on both rings(the outer ones) so the optics and the M adapter ring can sit flush, not a big deal, took 10 seconds each to fix. So a heads up to those that have to do theirs.
Now I'm just waiting for my M adapter ring to finish the assembly so I can test for infinity, and I still have to connect the aperture ring to the lever on the optical block.

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.10 #14 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

I just received my 6-bit adapter, and have found that the 6-bit system lands in the spot where the screw goes to mount the adapter, so the degree offset for the threaded holes will need to change for future rings to avoid this issue.
Anyone confirm?

Dec 12, 2013 at 09:02 PM
sebboh
• • • • •
p.10 #15 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

LightShow wrote:
I just received my 6-bit adapter, and have found that the 6-bit system lands in the spot where the screw goes to mount the adapter, so the degree offset for the threaded holes will need to change for future rings to avoid this issue.
Anyone confirm?

doh! i forgot about that. that happened with the first conversion i did, but since then i've ordered adapters without the 6-bit coding.

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:16 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.10 #16 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

No worries. It's only that I was planning to get the Phigment adapter and thought it would be great to have it come up as 40/45mm.
Mine is almost done, adjusted close to infinity I will probably make some adjustments later, just the aperture linkage left to do.
I will probably order some longer screws or recess the screw flange because some screws are holding by a few threads, I also bought some Loctight blue to make things more secure when I finalize everything.
So far it looks great.

Dec 13, 2013 at 03:51 AM
sebboh
• • • • •
p.10 #17 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

got mine yesterday and put the front part on my lens. everything fits great. as lightshow noted the the screw holes to attach the rear ring to the helicoid need to be recessed more (they seem to be counter sunk on the wrong side). will do that sometime this week. right now it works great with my previously made rear ring.

Dec 15, 2013 at 07:06 PM
dkerins

p.10 #18 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

Glad to hear these are working. I haven't had time to use mine yet. Cora, the lady who runs the CNC shop in China, emailed me to ask if the rings were working for our purpose. I will let her know that they are working.

I noticed that countersink on the wrong side too. :-/ Not a deal breaker though.

sebboh wrote:
got mine yesterday and put the front part on my lens. everything fits great. as lightshow noted the the screw holes to attach the rear ring to the helicoid need to be recessed more (they seem to be counter sunk on the wrong side). will do that sometime this week. right now it works great with my previously made rear ring.

Dec 16, 2013 at 01:00 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.10 #19 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

I wasn't sure if the countersink on the wrong side was part of the process of deburring the drill holes or what, it was easy to fix.
sebboh wrote:
after actually looking at test pictures through the range of apertures, it looks like the click stops actually fall somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 a stop. i added clicks beyond f/1.7 and f/16 on the dial to get the full range of apertures.

Did you document what you did, or can you describe it, I'm curious about what you did. Thanks.

Dec 16, 2013 at 04:55 AM
sebboh
• • • • •
p.10 #20 · lens repair, modification and disassembly guide thread

sebboh wrote:
after actually looking at test pictures through the range of apertures, it looks like the click stops actually fall somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 a stop. i added clicks beyond f/1.7 and f/16 on the dial to get the full range of apertures.

LightShow wrote:
Did you document what you did, or can you describe it, I'm curious about what you did. Thanks.

i filed down the corners circled in green:

this allows the aperture ring to move a little bit further in either direction. next time i take the lens apart i'll take a picture of what it looks like now.

Dec 16, 2013 at 05:33 AM
       11       12       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

11       12       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password