Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

DavidSD

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

Hi folks, I have been lucky enough to borrow a 1Dx and a 1DMk4 for my holidays ... But alas just got to the hotel to discover I left the manuals at home. Could some one please tell me how I might set the 1Dx and the 1DMk4 to write to both card slots please. I am hoping to write raw to one and as a backup write large Jpeg to the second card slot.

Your help would be very much appreciated. I feel like such a dork!!!!!

Ralph

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM
gvg45
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

You can download the 1DX manual here...

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_1d_x#BrochuresAndManuals

and the 1D4 manual here...

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_1d_mark_iv?selectedName=BrochuresAndManuals

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Ed Swift
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

For 1dx
Go to the menu with a spanner on it.
select record function press set
select rec. separately press set

Go to menu with camera on it (2nd tab)
choose type/size. it should give you an option for each card. if it doesn't check you did the bit above properly.

Note: I've just got this from googling the manual so fingers crossed it's correct. Imagine it's similar for the Mk4

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:37 PM
rhyder
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

You've evidently got access to the internet......G..O..O..G..L..E

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:46 PM
DavidSD

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

Wow. Thank you for the prompt reply!!! Much appreciated. I know burst mode is apparently reduced by writing to both, but would rather the safety of knowing I have backups at the time of shooting. Must later work out how to shoot to just one ..I assume standard mode, and then copy from card slot one to card slot 2 inbetween shoots. Think I read about this somewhere.

Thanks again,
Ralph

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM
DavidSD

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

Sorry.. Did try google but it was really slow in the hotel and found it hard to isolate what was useful. getting an email notification to a response to my post was quicker .... I was still trolling though the slow connection to read about it. Could not ven download the manual due to speed ...or lack of speed.

Thank you.

Ralp

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DavidSD

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

Sorry.. Did try google but it was really slow in the hotel and found it hard to isolate what was useful. getting an email notification to a response to my post was quicker .... I was still trolling though the slow connection to read about it. Could not ven download the manual due to speed ...or lack of speed.

Thank you.

Ralp

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

I hope you got your issue resolved, but just let me say a hearty "Welcome to Fred Miranda" Ralph.

Oct 20, 2012 at 03:42 PM
DavidSD

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

Thank you .... The prompt response was amazing... Look forward to being apart of this helpful community.

Ralph

Oct 21, 2012 at 01:11 PM
SeverianTL
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

The 1DX and 1D4 also have video tutorials that can be downloaded from Canon, put on a memory card and replayed on camera. The only problem is that the video files are rather large so downloading could be a problem with a slow connection.

http://learn.usa.canon.com/resources/products/eos_1d_x/1dx_on_camera_tutorials_resource_list.shtml
That's 18 separate tutorials for a total of about 5GB. Of course, nothing compels you to download them all.

Oct 21, 2012 at 02:32 PM
DavidSD

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

Thank you..will definitely look these up. But will wait till I get normal broadband speeds.

Ralph

Oct 22, 2012 at 07:34 AM
tdodd

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Urgent help as manuals left at home!!!

FWIW I have electronic manuals for anything I might find useful downloaded to my smartphone. Far better than lugging half a tree everywhere I go or relying on variable and potentially costly internet services in the sticks or abroad. Electronic copies also make searching within the manual far quicker than laboriously hunting through the index in the vain hope that you might find what you need.

Oct 22, 2012 at 08:49 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password