New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              5       6       end

Archive 2012 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

Ralph Conway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

Why should Canon do this? 5D III and 1D X imo sell very succesfull. I guess what they did add in firmware was what is possible. A "recall" will not happen. There is no "danger" for life or the offered system. If they offer a hardware change, it would be at additional costs. Would you like to pay an (maybe) additional $ 1.200 to 1.500 to get back what we had in 1998?

Ralph

Oct 20, 2012 at 03:43 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

I would prefere black AF points lit red for the selected indication and the AF confirmation.

Oct 20, 2012 at 07:46 AM
gfiksel
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

I think a button "OP, get a life" is missing in the poll menu.

Oct 20, 2012 at 07:55 AM
spdntrxi
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

personally I think 1.1.1 was more about f8, then the AF boxes.

Oct 20, 2012 at 09:31 AM
goosemang
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

gfiksel wrote:
I think a button "OP, get a life" is missing in the poll menu.

I'm wondering why it needed two threads

Oct 20, 2012 at 09:41 AM
spdntrxi
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

goosemang wrote:
I'm wondering why it needed two threads

because he might be an attention ......

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:06 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

OP said on another thread he doesn't have a good pair of eyes and color blind.

spdntrxi wrote:
because he might be an attention ......

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

Three months after the Olympics I wonder what major institutional users made the request? AP, UPI, Reuters, Getty

"In answer to many user requests to provide some sort of AF point illumination that could be made visible during focus-tracking with AI Servo AF, Canon engineers have provided a comprehensive firmware upgrade that adds this feature, along with menu selections to control its operation."

^ ^http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2012/eos_1dx_firmware_update.shtml^^

Intergrating a POLL into an existing opinion thread would have tainted the voting.

My eyes are better than anyone my age without glasses and selecting Diamonds for 20 years did not help.

Oct 21, 2012 at 06:19 AM
timbop
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

Your initial knee-jerk reaction was that canon "broke" the camera with the new firmware and thus cancelled your preorder. Now that you realize your mistake you're morphing your position into "canon blinked", and it took a massive push from major news organizations to make canon "fix it". just like your first mistake, you have no real information to support that, but you are clinging to it. So be it, cling to it like a dog with a bone.

Let's get back to the original point: now that you know that you have your choice of red or black, are you going to reorder the 1dx or simply continue to rant for the sake of ranting?

Oct 21, 2012 at 07:45 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

Tim:

I cancelled the 1DX when Canon admitted they made a mistake implementing black AF points.

They are the only game in town and I did not have a choise.

Canon has not rectified the situation with their feeble attempt to appease the press and I know their next Pro body will employ their excellent new AF system and RED AF points.

The future is RED, the $Green$ is resting in my pocket and I have the luxury of time

BTW - no update for the 5DIII.

Oct 21, 2012 at 09:07 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

This is a test.
Now I can dictate my answer ivia my Galaxy S 3

Oct 21, 2012 at 09:36 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

timbop wrote:
are you going to reorder the 1dx or simply continue to rant for the sake of ranting?

Given his non-response response to your question, tim, he is going to continue kvetching.

Oct 21, 2012 at 09:50 AM
spdntrxi
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

Psychic1 wrote:
Tim:

I cancelled the 1DX when Canon admitted they made a mistake implementing black AF points.

They are the only game in town and I did not have a choise.

Canon has not rectified the situation with their feeble attempt to appease the press and I know their next Pro body will employ their excellent new AF system and RED AF points.

The future is RED, the $Green$ is resting in my pocket and I have the luxury of time

BTW - no update for the 5DIII.

Well I hope a "new" body would have improvements... but it's going to be 2.5-3 years until you see a new one...

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Jason Stein

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

Ralph Conway wrote:
I would prefere black AF points lit red for the selected indication and the AF confirmation.

+1

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

OP are you going to purchase 500,000 1DX units ?. Canon would probably spin a new hardware just for you .

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:21 AM
tonywong88
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

So not owning a 1Dx (yet?), have you even tried using 1.1.1 yet before putting up this poll?

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM
cineski
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

I'm one of the few 5D3 users in my circle of pro photographers due to the fact all the other photographers have heard of the AF confirmation issues with the 5D3 and are happily shooting away with their 5D2's and 1D4's. The AF confirmation on the 5D3 is a huge issue for myself as a wedding photographer (and why all the other wedding photogs I know are skiddish about the 5D3). The image quality is fantastic and outweighs all else for me....but I also skipped the 5D2 and came to the 5D3 from the original 5D, so there was more urgency to switch. Don't get me wrong, the 5D3 is a hotly talked about camera, but there's a lot of people waiting on buying one to see what Canon will do to fix the AF confirmation issue.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

kewlcanon wrote:
OP are you going to purchase 500,000 1DX units ?. Canon would probably spin a new hardware just for you .

I don't have to, the news groups have it under control

Now you know what it takes for Canon to listen.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

Monito wrote:
Given his non-response response to your question, tim, he is going to continue kvetching.

I thought my response was clear : "The future is RED, the $Green$ is resting in my pocket and I have the luxury of time"

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · AF Recall for 1DX & 5DIII

tonywong88 wrote:
So not owning a 1Dx (yet?), have you even tried using 1.1.1 yet before putting up this poll?

I was going to wait for Photo Expo Plus in NYC next week until I watch Will's YouTube video.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.