New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · CS5 Image Processor not applying settings

JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CS5 Image Processor not applying settings

I have tried this before, I thought I would try it again to see if I am missing something...

I am using the Image Processor, checked off the "Open first image to apply Settings". And when I ran it, the first image opened, I adjusted the raw settings as I wanted them, a WB change, and overexposing the shot 1 stop. Clicked "Done" and then the Image Processor opened up each of the raw files and converted them to tiff's as I had checked off. But when I looked in the tiff subfolder it created. Not a single tiff had the changes I had done to the first raw file.

What am I missing? I am sure it's got to be something simple...

Thanks,

Jim

Oct 18, 2012 at 04:44 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CS5 Image Processor not applying settings

What's the point of using Image Processor when you could easily use Adobe Camera Raw?
You simply open all the files in ACR, make the adjustment(s) to the first file, and sync them to the remaining files. Then you can save the files as TIFFs from within ACR.

Its much more efficient to use ACR; when its hosted under Photoshop there's a hard-coded limit of 200 open Raw files, but when its run from under Adobe Bridge you can open as many Raw files as you want...you're only constrained by system memory.

Oct 18, 2012 at 07:55 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CS5 Image Processor not applying settings

James_N wrote:
What's the point of using Image Processor when you could easily use Adobe Camera Raw?
You simply open all the files in ACR, make the adjustment(s) to the first file, and sync them to the remaining files. Then you can save the files as TIFFs from within ACR.

Its much more efficient to use ACR; when its hosted under Photoshop there's a hard-coded limit of 200 open Raw files, but when its run from under Adobe Bridge you can open as many Raw files as you want...you're only constrained by system memory.

Thanks James, I will check that out. For years as a Nikon user, I have used Capture NX2 for all my raw conversions. But I have found I really like how ACR does convert my star shots, so I am just getting my feet wet in the Raw conversion side of CS5. That's where I had read about using the Image Processor.

Sweet... I just tried your suggestion... it worked great!

Thanks!

Jim

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:03 AM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CS5 Image Processor not applying settings

Just for future reference: should you want to run Image Processor and have your settings stick, the correct choice in ACR is Open Image, not Done.

Oct 19, 2012 at 03:36 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CS5 Image Processor not applying settings

Ho1972 wrote:
Just for future reference: should you want to run Image Processor and have your settings stick, the correct choice in ACR is Open Image, not Done.

Awe, thanks! That is the little step or choice I was missing. Great!

Jim

Oct 19, 2012 at 01:29 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.