Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Fall colours from Vancouver Island.

bclimey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fall colours from Vancouver Island.

This is the Puntledge River which is fed by the Comox Glacier. It is a salmon bearing river and very soon this area will be covered by dead and dying salmon during spawning .Comments welcomed on improving this image.

Oct 18, 2012 at 04:34 PM
photofyffer
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fall colours from Vancouver Island.

i live in sooke so seeing photos from vancouver island are great, I think the colours are amazing. But my eye goes to the tree not the person. Overall I think it is a great snap shot you will enjoy.

Oct 18, 2012 at 05:51 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fall colours from Vancouver Island.

Howdy,

First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

I read your intro statement about the location.

Given the nature of the location,

Here is what I think would improve the image:

"Show a salmon."

Simple Suggestion: Visit the spot again, change your POV and include the human and a salmon in the same shot (in the composition).

Oct 18, 2012 at 07:26 PM
bclimey
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fall colours from Vancouver Island.

Thanks photofyffer, it is nice to hear from someone on the island. Yes Steady Hand, I will be going back as this place is only 10 mins from my house.

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.