Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in N...

lazlo369
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

There are some more here:
http://lazlo.us/pictures/NaturalHistoryMuseum

Oct 18, 2012 at 09:20 PM
tomandmarj
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

super processing, as usual; I expect you could spend days, weeks there. a nice project.
regards, tom

Oct 18, 2012 at 09:38 PM
CDaescher
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

I like them both, Lazlo.
Excellent toning as usual and I enjoyed the ones in your like too.
Chris

Oct 18, 2012 at 09:56 PM
jamach
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

I like them both but prefer the toning in 1

Joe

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM
lazlo369
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

Thanks guys

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM
MK3Brent

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

Do you have any snapshots of the scenes?

It would be cool to see how ordinary the location is, and how much better you made them look with sculpted lighting.

I loved all of them...

PS, where's the dinosaurs?

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lazlo369
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

MK3Brent wrote:
Do you have any snapshots of the scenes?

It would be cool to see how ordinary the location is, and how much better you made them look with sculpted lighting.

I loved all of them...

PS, where's the dinosaurs?

Thanks
I have got some pictures of dinos but not all that good.
Way to many people around them.
Here is one of the unprocessed shots.
The lights were very, very bad

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

Beautiful work, Lazlo.
I was trying to figure out the mixture of things going on, and then I scrolled down to see the unprocessed shot. Okay- now I understand.
As suspected, your processing has performed magic on that statue. Your B&W makes it look like you photographed a living person dressed that way.
I am stunned by your processing skills!
Charlie

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:38 AM
lazlo369
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

Thanks Charlie.
You make me blush with all these complements

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM
srudy
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

Great processing indeed. I like number two, though I wonder if softening the focus somewhat would make it even more natural. You also might want to check out a recent NY Times article on Hiroshi Sugimoto and his photographs of dioramas at the same museum.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM
lazlo369
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Pictures from the American Museum of Natural History in New York

srudy wrote:
Great processing indeed. I like number two, though I wonder if softening the focus somewhat would make it even more natural. You also might want to check out a recent NY Times article on Hiroshi Sugimoto and his photographs of dioramas at the same museum.

Thanks !
Sugimoto's diorama pictures are fascinating, I wish I could see them in a bit bigger size, not the postage stamp size they post on the website.
I have took a few diorama pictures as well, but again it was almost impossible to get something worthwhile, due to the crowd around them and the poor lights.
Here is one:

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password