Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Rodeo drive (Beverly Hills) photo shoot. CC please

01Ryan10
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rodeo drive (Beverly Hills) photo shoot. CC please

Here are a few from the shoot. It was great. She is a natural. Unfortunately, my 40D just does not cut it unless it's up close. Some of the further shots don't come out as sharp as I'd like. These were all done on a 40D with a rented 85L.

#1, Just messing around with B&W post. Probably won't stick with it. The long hair and shadow over her eye kind of bugged me at first, but it's grown on me. lol

IMG_0020Logo by 01Ryan10, on Flickr

IMG_0069Logo by 01Ryan10, on Flickr

IMG_0055Logo by 01Ryan10, on Flickr

#4, A little OOF, but I think it still works.

IMG_0031Logo by 01Ryan10, on Flickr

Oct 18, 2012 at 07:23 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rodeo drive (Beverly Hills) photo shoot. CC please

1: Even in B/W it is really harsh light.
2: Light is Ok on most of her. Hand is too bight and grabs attention. Skin is a but oily looking. No a great body angle.
3: I hate brick walls but this would make a nice head shot. I would remove all headroom and crop 1 inch into hair line for head shot. Forehead is almost blown out but think it can be adjusted a bit more and does not ruin image. Funny shadow in chest area that does require attention. That is a easy fix in PS. Even as a 1/2 body I could crop at hairline. That much extra room on top the head makes her look shorter and you want eye contact on the top 1/3.the extra brick is wasted space.
4: Nice concept but don't like the light. Bright leg, foot and front of dress. Really need to control the light to bring an image from snapshot into portrait quality.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM
01Ryan10
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rodeo drive (Beverly Hills) photo shoot. CC please

As harsh as your CC is, I got some good ideas from it. Thanks.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rodeo drive (Beverly Hills) photo shoot. CC please

Mostly agree with jefferies. My favs are the last two. Keep up the work, and thanks for posting.

P.S. I think #4 is far from being just a snapshot, but agree that the lighting on the leg is distracting, especially since attn is drawn to the legs. For that pose (#4), I think I might have had her cross the legs at the ankles, and also do something not so straight with the arm hanging by her side. Beautiful model though, and I like the general ideas!!!

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:57 AM

friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rodeo drive (Beverly Hills) photo shoot. CC please

01Ryan10 wrote:
As harsh as your CC is, I got some good ideas from it. Thanks.

That was not harsh cc. He described what he didn't like, and he made suggestions on what you could have done.

Oct 19, 2012 at 03:43 AM
dmacmillan
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rodeo drive (Beverly Hills) photo shoot. CC please

Other than your title, what about these images says Rodeo Drive? Is the fact is was photographed there important, or you just thought it would be a fun location?

I'm familiar with Rodeo Drive. I drove on it last month and my wife worked at the corner of Rodeo Drive and Wilshire Blvd. for three years. There are tons of visual cues that would have done more to say upscale/Rodeo drive.

Oct 19, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Rodeo drive (Beverly Hills) photo shoot. CC please

+1. You need some with a 35mm or 24mm.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password