Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 2nd wedding

mt-parker
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2nd wedding

I typically don't stray far from the City and Architecture forum but when my cousin asked if I would shoot part of her wedding I was excited for the opportunity. I let her know right away that weddings weren't my forte and only had shot 1 other wedding prior (for another cousin who wouldn't have hired a photographer otherwise), but she insisted that she wanted me. (I had previously done an engagement shoot for her that she loved the photos from) I really enjoyed shooting this wedding and would appreciate any and all C&C!

Thanks for looking

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16) I loved the expression here

Oct 17, 2012 at 09:33 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2nd wedding

The first few are so serious, almost seemed like a funeral more than a wedding, but it was good to start to see some more fun emotion later on.

I'd get in closer for a lot of these if I were you.

Oct 18, 2012 at 01:43 AM
mt-parker
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2nd wedding

That's funny you should say that. The groomsmen all preferred the 'hard' look and didn't want to smile. I have some others with them smiling that I'll add in a bit when I get back to my computer. The groom was also quite anxious before the wedding so I was trying to capture that.

I'll definitely try and get tighter shots in the future. Thanks for the advice Steve!

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM
mt-parker
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 2nd wedding

Here are 3 more where the expressions are less "hard"

17)

18)

19) He is a big Duke BB fan so we thought it would be funny to have his best man (his father) coach him up for the wedding

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JPLJ08

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 2nd wedding

I think you did a great job at your 2nd attempt.

#3- Does look like a funeral picture. I like it, you captured the moment perfectly.
#4- White looks a little hot. (could be my piece of crap work monitor).
#8- Great capture.
#9- Bride may not like that one.
#12- Love the mowhawk!!!!
#15-white looks a little hot(again could be my crap monitor).

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM
mt-parker
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 2nd wedding

Thanks Jason. 4&15 are a little hot but that's how I like them

Oct 20, 2012 at 07:36 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 2nd wedding

#1 has a green tint, and they look miserable. I also suggest dropping the "fig leaf" posing the next time around.

Oct 21, 2012 at 04:03 PM
mt-parker
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 2nd wedding

I've been needing to check the calibration on my laptop screen anyways since I had the logic board repaired, thank you for pointing the tint out as it wasn't as evident on my screen. I definitely need to evaluate it. I was going for more of the "hitman" look but I definitely see your point. Thanks BigIronCruiser!

Oct 22, 2012 at 02:46 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password