Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Guitarist C&C

dunkers

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Guitarist C&C

I'm typically shoot studio/sports, but the other day I did an outdoor shoot with a friend.

I'm fairly new at shooting against the sunlight, so any c&c would be greatly appreciated. I decided to experiment yesterday and was always curious about shooting against the sun.

I had fun doing this shoot because I was at the mercy of mother nature

IMG_8395 by chriskpham, on Flickr

Edited on Oct 17, 2012 at 09:25 PM · View previous versions

Oct 17, 2012 at 07:37 PM
oxman

p.1 #2 · Guitarist C&C

Nice shot. I love good backlight. Personally I would crop it very tight to make that awesome rim light stand out

Oct 17, 2012 at 08:05 PM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #3 · Guitarist C&C

I like the lighting!

I think that in terms of perspective, I may have walked over to the right side, and taken an angled shot, rather than straight on. That may have gotten more of her face and a slightly more interesting angle? But I really like the backlit edge on her arm. On a random note, when she's playing that G chord, lol looks like she's flipping the bird. I also might have gotten her to cross the legs for more angles rather than knees together like above, but that's just me

I think you did great.

Oct 17, 2012 at 08:06 PM
oxman

p.1 #4 · Guitarist C&C

Good point on the angles. Here is a shot i did last week. I was crawling around her like a monkey. Toss the tripod and blast away.

Oct 17, 2012 at 08:25 PM

dunkers

p.1 #5 · Guitarist C&C

brianclary wrote:
I like the lighting!

I think that in terms of perspective, I may have walked over to the right side, and taken an angled shot, rather than straight on. That may have gotten more of her face and a slightly more interesting angle? But I really like the backlit edge on her arm. On a random note, when she's playing that G chord, lol looks like she's flipping the bird. I also might have gotten her to cross the legs for more angles rather than knees together like above, but that's just me

I think you did great.

We were cramped due to space because we shot on top of a parking structure. There was a car in the way that prevented me of getting different angles. By the time the person came to move the car, the beautiful lighting was gone

We also talked afterwards and she said that she felt awkward with her leg poses because she was sitting on a ledge. It didn't feel natural.

I'll definitely keep that in mind next time!

Keep it coming people

Oct 17, 2012 at 08:45 PM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Guitarist C&C

No disrespect to oxman, but I prefer the wider crop. I like it quite a bit, actually. Did you have to do anything additional to throw light at her front side? She seems brighter than I would expect, pretty much perfect from my perspective.

--David

Oct 17, 2012 at 09:20 PM
oxman

p.1 #7 · Guitarist C&C

neighbourboy wrote:
No disrespect to oxman, but I prefer the wider crop. I like it quite a bit, actually. Did you have to do anything additional to throw light at her front side? She seems brighter than I would expect, pretty much perfect from my perspective.

--David

I had two large soft boxes with strobes on each side of her popping away.

Oct 17, 2012 at 09:36 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password