Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · One from Saturday

ChinhPhan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · One from Saturday

I personally think this is a good shot. Need some validation or someone to set me straight. : )

Oct 16, 2012 at 02:24 AM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #2 · One from Saturday

I like it except little bit of shadow pull on face will help to bring some details from her face.

Oct 16, 2012 at 03:05 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #3 · One from Saturday

I think it's okay. I wish her head wasn't so low below her shoulder line and that there was maybe some hint of a neck. And like mjoshi said, more detail in the shadows, especially under her head. Good job on capturing her dress with all of its detail. I realize it can be a challenging balancing act.

Oct 16, 2012 at 03:41 AM
ChinhPhan

p.1 #4 · One from Saturday

I actually darkened the bottom half of her face to make the image moody and mysterious. Guess it's a matter of taste.

Oct 16, 2012 at 03:52 AM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #5 · One from Saturday

I think it could have been a winner with an adjustment of her head/neck to a different position.

Oct 16, 2012 at 04:54 AM
Inku Yo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · One from Saturday

Her face is too dark. Looks like she could be yawning.

Oct 16, 2012 at 05:02 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #7 · One from Saturday

ChinhPhan wrote:
Guess it's a matter of taste.

True, but when you have several people saying the same thing then maybe it's something to consider?

Edited on Oct 16, 2012 at 05:20 AM · View previous versions

Oct 16, 2012 at 05:20 AM
nikonftw
• •
p.1 #8 · One from Saturday

Looks like she is yawning into her armpit.

A+ on everything but her face, esp the dress detail.

Oct 16, 2012 at 05:20 AM
ChinhPhan

p.1 #9 · One from Saturday

Mitch W wrote:
True, but when you have several people saying the same thing then maybe it's something to consider?

I don't discount any advice given here. It could definitely be better. Just giving my thinking/viewpoint as well.

Oct 16, 2012 at 05:40 AM
ChinhPhan

p.1 #10 · One from Saturday

Is this a better image? Why or why not?

Oct 16, 2012 at 06:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #11 · One from Saturday

I like this second one better than first one only thing if possible I might just crop it little bit more to get rid of shoes as it is not adding anything to the image.

Oct 17, 2012 at 01:05 PM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #12 · One from Saturday

The eye draws to the nose making it look bigger. The bottom half of her face missing not working at all.

I want to like it but those things are killing it for me.

Oct 17, 2012 at 01:39 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · One from Saturday

Crop more? I want this to be cropped less, let the image breathe a little. I do like how the exposure set for the white dress brings out its details, but I think her face needs to be lit up better. No. 1 is an interesting pose, but I can't even see her face so that loses it for me.

It's nice to see the dress like this, but emotion is what sells. You can't tap into the emotion if you can't see the face in these shots, IMO. It's interesting to me that you're asking for opinions, but then you're saying your decisions are based on your taste. So me thinks you really were hoping for validation. I'd really like to see your version of this shot, and then in the next image, the same shot but lighting up the face as we're all suggesting.

Oct 17, 2012 at 02:28 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #14 · One from Saturday

I don't like the first one because of her head being too close to body and throwing off appearance of proportion. i.e. - no neck. Second one lacks the foundation with the cut off arm IMO...

I am feeling monumentally inept lately. I think I need to study photography composition and posing more...

Oct 17, 2012 at 04:01 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · One from Saturday

She is missing an arm in the first, and her face is pretty dark. I like the concept, just a few minor improvements IMO. Bring her chin up in #1 and it would be better, and move out her right arm a bit so I can see it, and show me her hand too...make this panoramic and it would be cool.

Oct 17, 2012 at 04:05 PM
ChinhPhan

p.1 #16 · One from Saturday

friscoron wrote:
So me thinks you really were hoping for validation. I'd really like to see your version of this shot, and then in the next image, the same shot but lighting up the face as we're all suggesting.

You got me pegged.: ) I really was hoping y'all liked it. But alas, here's the version with more face:

Oct 17, 2012 at 09:18 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #17 · One from Saturday

I am just not sure about the crop ratio and the photo. What is your intention? Facebook cover?

Oct 17, 2012 at 09:26 PM
ChinhPhan

p.1 #18 · One from Saturday

Robin Usagani wrote:
I am just not sure about the crop ratio and the photo. What is your intention? Facebook cover?

You got it...it's for my FB cover.

Oct 17, 2012 at 09:31 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · One from Saturday

Her face is much better now. Photoshop her arm from the 2nd one and put it on the 1st and I think it'll be much stronger!

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #20 · One from Saturday

mirror it. That way she will be looking at your profile photo. Maybe make your profile photo looking at her.

DAMN... im good hahaahah

Oct 18, 2012 at 04:22 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password