Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Would the 6D get here already!

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Would the 6D get here already!

I can't wait any longer!

Seriously, since the release of the D600 and the announcement of the 6D can't wait to see some real world tests and comparisons......

And yes I know it is slated for a Dec. release....

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Would the 6D get here already!

Michaelparris wrote:
can't wait to see some real world tests and comparisons......

The real world test is my friend is happily shooting his D600.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Would the 6D get here already!

RobDickinson wrote:
The real world test is my friend is happily shooting his D600.

I hope that will not be the case. If so maybe by then there will be a few used D600's on the open market so I can save me a couple of bucks......

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Would the 6D get here already!

It is the case. Unlike canon, nikon launched a camera with actual cameras. For once.

He upgraded an ageing D300 and couldnt be happier. It does lack a couple of more pro features but then its a decent little and quite chunky body.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Would the 6D get here already!

RobDickinson wrote:
It is the case. Unlike canon, nikon launched a camera with actual cameras. For once.

He upgraded an ageing D300 and couldnt be happier. It does lack a couple of more pro features but then its a decent little and quite chunky body.

Just want to see what the sensor can do that is my main concern......I am also hoping it is not "too" small. I like small but there is a size where it might be a deal breaker. D600 felt good. I know the 6D is smaller, so we shall see....

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

saneproduction
• • •
p.1 #6 · Would the 6D get here already!

If it is 1 stop better in RAW (not .jpg.. who cares) than my 5DII (3200 on 5DII = 6400 on 6D and 6400 on 5DII = 12800 on 6D) I may move from my 5DII. I love that they kept the interchangeable screen! I must have my super precision matte screen for shooting manual focus (which I do a lot). I don't mind focus re-compose.

What kills me is the 1/4000th shutter! I often hit these speeds with my 200 1.8L

Oct 16, 2012 at 02:06 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Would the 6D get here already!

Nah I'd rather the 7D II got here already or the 1D mk V.

Oct 16, 2012 at 02:08 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Would the 6D get here already!

saneproduction wrote:
If it is 1 stop better in RAW (not .jpg.. who cares) than my 5DII (3200 on 5DII = 6400 on 6D and 6400 on 5DII = 12800 on 6D) I may move from my 5DII. I love that they kept the interchangeable screen! I must have my super precision matte screen for shooting manual focus (which I do a lot). I don't mind focus re-compose.

What kills me is the 1/4000th shutter! I often hit these speeds with my 200 1.8L

I thought about the shutter speed crippling but I think I can live with it if we get improvements in other areas. The MK III was WAY overpriced imho so I did not even think about it. Had the MKII and quite honestly the files from the 5Dc were just as nice so I sold the MK II when they announced the 6d and got a good price for it.....I miss some of the ergonomics from the MK II but that is about it.......Dynamic range I want me some good DR with the 6D.

Oct 16, 2012 at 03:50 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Would the 6D get here already!

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Nah I'd rather the 7D II got here already or the 1D mk V.

Just not a crop sensor kinda guy.....Smaller, more affordable FF, Hope it is worth the wait. If not looks like I will be a two system shooter again....

Oct 16, 2012 at 03:52 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password