Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · OT: Light Stands

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · OT: Light Stands

Quick question...what are the light stands that have the legs that retract automatically when you lift them up? Been looking all over the place and just cannot seem to find them...

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:08 PM
thorne88
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · OT: Light Stands

cheetah stands!
http://www.cheetahstand.com/servlet/the-Cheetah-Stand/Categories

I'm yet to buy but have always wanted these.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:11 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #3 · OT: Light Stands

rock on...thanks!

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:12 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #4 · OT: Light Stands

wow...those are a bit pricier than I was expecting.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:16 PM
thorne88
• • •
p.1 #5 · OT: Light Stands

haha, hence my "yet to buy". I'm not sure if the convenience makes up for the cost since I haven't had the opportunity to try them in person.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:24 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.1 #6 · OT: Light Stands

yep, that's them! i suggest getting the C8. I bought two C12 air cushioned, and these things are heavy and aren't good for travel; C8 would be much better for weddings.

I actually bought 2 manfrotto 5001b lights stands for travel purposes since they're so light and are compact when collapsed

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:37 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · OT: Light Stands

The Cheetah C8's are sweet. I have a pair of them and they are ridiculously easy to set up and move around. They're not the sturdiest stands on the markey, but they have held up really well. If you do decide to get them DO NOT buy the cheap ass bag they sell for them. They are great in theory but that's about it. Mine started to fall apart after about 5-6 weddings.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:43 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · OT: Light Stands

Those look nice and I've generally heard good things about them.

Can anyone suggest other light stands? My light stands are embarrassingly bad! What are the 'good' stands out there?

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:11 PM
ryan21
• • •
p.1 #9 · OT: Light Stands

Chuck I like this stand... beefy and heavy but very good.

http://www.manfrotto.us/black-follow-spot-stand-w-leveling-leg-special-order-only

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:18 PM
Daboyle
• • •
p.1 #10 · OT: Light Stands

I have the cheetah C8 stands and C12 stands and they are great. If you want a no hassle, sturdy stand, I highly recommend going with Adorama's house brand, Flashpoint stands. They are great, sturdy, durable and reasonably priced. Stands are one of those items that it can be silly to pay for an expensive name brand on.

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #11 · OT: Light Stands

I got the EZ stand from Denny Mfg. I have to say it is my fave light stand, I think they had a 50% off sale so I decided to try one out.

Oct 15, 2012 at 07:09 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #12 · OT: Light Stands

http://www.dennymfg.com/ProductDetailsNew1.aspx?PId=987544e6-4f8a-42df-a24d-052f620a2b4e&PTId=a49b9a28-32db-4529-b199-81bcb86d2c04

Oct 15, 2012 at 07:10 PM
mineymole
• • • •
p.1 #13 · OT: Light Stands

I love the Cheetah stands.

Oct 15, 2012 at 08:38 PM
fotojennik
• •
p.1 #14 · OT: Light Stands

I have 2 the Cheetah C8 stands. They are extremely quick and easy, I love them because you can just pick your light stand up and move it to a new location immediately without worry of the legs smacking into something as you navigate the room. However, as someone pointed out previously, they are not the sturdiest or most durable products ever. Mine are fine but I've only used them for about 8 weddings so far. I also have an Impact light stand, and it's not very great either. Very wobbly.

If you are looking for a really nice sturdy and reasonably priced (but not very agile/portable) stand, look at the Manfrotto 1004BAC ( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/644444-REG/Manfrotto_1004BAC_Alu_Master_3_Riser.html )

Oct 15, 2012 at 08:38 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · OT: Light Stands

fotojennik wrote:
If you are looking for a really nice sturdy and reasonably priced (but not very agile/portable) stand, look at the Manfrotto 1004BAC

I use those. If you are looking to set up a stand and not move it around much, these work out well. The stands are pretty lite in their weight. They have a nice feature that you can attach the stands together for traveling. I carry the attached stands together in a tripod bag.

Oct 15, 2012 at 08:45 PM
MikeFunktastic

p.1 #16 · OT: Light Stands

Avenger and Matthews both make those same types of stands, some heavier duty than others.

Avenger 630B and Matthews Medium Duty are good places to start. Wouldn't get anything cheaper than $100, generally, when it comes to light stands.

Oct 15, 2012 at 09:09 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · OT: Light Stands

cheetah stands here... I love being able to move them around the room without having to worry about the legs wacking things.

Oct 16, 2012 at 02:23 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #18 · OT: Light Stands

Link no workie.

ryan21 wrote:
Chuck I like this stand... beefy and heavy but very good.

http://www.manfrotto.us/black-follow-spot-stand-w-leveling-leg-special-order-only

Oct 16, 2012 at 03:51 AM
ryan21
• • •
p.1 #19 · OT: Light Stands

Shiz I don't know why it won't go off this site, the link works if you copy and paste in your browser. I tried reposting from a different computer/browser but it still giving me that error...

odd, this hasn't ever happened before.

Oct 16, 2012 at 04:11 AM
bthatton
• • •
p.1 #20 · OT: Light Stands

I want to know what the lightest 8 foot stand on the market is.

Oct 16, 2012 at 04:44 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password