Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

coppertop
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

Trying to find a nice, general use camera under $1000.

So what's the verdict on the T4i? Good buy? Middle of the road camera? Find a 60D instead?

Oct 14, 2012 at 04:43 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #2 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

You can get a 7D for that money instead.

Oct 14, 2012 at 04:46 PM
coppertop
• • •
p.1 #3 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

new?

Oct 14, 2012 at 05:31 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #4 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

If you want new, the 60D is your best bet. You could wait to see if the 7D comes within 1k during the holidays. I personally would get mint, used bodies whenever possible. They just don't retain their value like lenses do.

Edited on Oct 14, 2012 at 05:40 PM · View previous versions

Oct 14, 2012 at 05:40 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

You can get 7D referb from/thru the Canon Loyalty Program for $1054, you just need to trade in ANY canon body; film, digital, slr, dslr or P&S.

Oct 14, 2012 at 05:40 PM
jerbear00
• • •
p.1 #6 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

vsg28 wrote:
If you want new, the 60D is your best bet. You could wait to see if the 7D comes within 1k during the holidays. I personally would get mint, used bodies whenever possible. They just don't retain their value like lenses do.

Well said excellent advice IMO. Buy/sell board here is perfect for used bodies. 90% of my gear is second hand

Oct 14, 2012 at 05:57 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #7 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

I think the verdict is they made some nice improvements to the Rebel line - FPS, AF, etc.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

I'm selling a low mileage 7d on the bs board. Shipped, paypalled, WITH canon battery grip, 1110.

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:07 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #9 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

RobertLynn wrote:
I'm selling a low mileage 7d on the bs board. Shipped, paypalled, WITH canon battery grip, 1110.

Where were you when I was looking for a 7D?

To OP: Something like this is what I mean. Look up your local Craigslist first, you may find what you need immediately and within your budget- after some negotiations of course, everyone lists higher on CL knowing buyers like to bargain

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:22 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

vsg28 wrote:
Where were you when I was looking for a 7D?

To OP: Something like this is what I mean. Look up your local Craigslist first, you may find what you need immediately and within your budget- after some negotiations of course, everyone lists higher on CL knowing buyers like to bargain

Lol, it may have been pre-5d3 for me.

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:24 PM
coppertop
• • •
p.1 #11 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

Here's my only reservation on the 7d. Compact Flash Cards.

I had the same reservation with the 5DMKII but was going bite the bullet and order one until events cut my budget almost in half. Which turned my attention to the 60D or T4i.

The two cameras I have (1D MKIII and Olympus OMD) both use SD cards, I have a built in reader on my computer, and the SD cards are more readily available. I can remember a day when it was the reverse and was shocked when I priced CF cards last week. I know you can find deals online but local stores are carrying 4GB cards for $35 or higher.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:09 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

The T4i is the most technologically advanced crop body available from Canon at the moment. 7D is nearly two generations behind on the crop sensor bodies.

If you want cheap -- there's the T3i. If you want inexpensive, but better build, there's the 60D. But if you want the most up-to-date features (including the new STM lenses) and best video in crop body, the T4i is a terrific choice.

If you just want a pretty rugged body with faster frame rate, the 7D suits the bill.

So decide -- rugged body for action photography, with decent video (7D) or most advanced feature set (T4i).

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:23 PM
gfiksel
• • • •
p.1 #13 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

Another great t4i feature (in addition to much improved AF) is the touch screen.
Yeah, yeah, I know all the silly objections, I was there myself
But one really needs to use it for some time to appreciate how quick and convenient this feature is for changing your setting, browsing, zooming, etc. It's sort of the Q-button taken one step further.

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:45 PM
Sjjindra
• • •
p.1 #14 · So what's the verdict on the Canon T4i?

The current Fry's Electronics ad has the T4I with 18-55 lens for $849 minus an in-store discount of $150 for $699 plus tax. At least in the Houston area ad. This should be good through Thursday.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password