Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              13      
       end

Archive 2012 · Medium-Large Format tips

a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.14 #1 · Medium-Large Format tips

carstenw wrote:
Haha, is this going to be your style now?

Hmm, maybe, just maybe! I really can't have a style, since I keep ruing my film!

I have not invented a "new style," composite, modified or otherwise that is set within distinct form as apart from "this" method or "that" method. On the contrary, I hope to free my followers from clinging to styles, patterns, or molds. Remember that Jeet Kune Do is merely a name used, a mirror in which to see "ourselves". . . Jeet Kune Do is not an organized institution that one can be a member of. Either you understand or you don't, and that is that.
There is no mystery about my style. My movements are simple, direct and non-classical. The extraordinary part of it lies in its simplicity. Every movement in Jeet Kune-Do is being so of itself. There is nothing artificial about it. I always believe that the easy way is the right way. Jeet Kune-Do is simply the direct expression of one's feelings with the minimum of movements and energy. The closer to the true way of Kung Fu, the less wastage of expression there is.
Finally, a Jeet Kune Do man who says Jeet Kune Do is exclusively Jeet Kune Do is simply not with it. He is still hung up on his self-closing resistance, in this case anchored down to reactionary pattern, and naturally is still bound by another modified pattern and can move within its limits. He has not digested the simple fact that truth exists outside all molds; pattern and awareness is never exclusive.
Again let me remind you Jeet Kune Do is just a name used, a boat to get one across, and once across it is to be discarded and not to be carried on one's back.

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:29 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #2 · Medium-Large Format tips

Is that a Bruce Lee quote?

I got my Polaroid back for my RZ67, and it seems to work okay with Fujifilm FP-100C. The important steps are:

- Cock shutter
- Measure light and set up camera
- Remove metal slide
- Focus
- Expose
- Slowly and steadily pull the white tab straight out in one smooth motion, as far as possible
- Slowly and steadily pull the black tab straight out in one smooth motion, as far as possible
- Wait the required time, for example 2 minutes at 20 degrees Celcius
- Peel the print off the negative/chemical pack
- Let dry for a long time, probably at least 30 minutes

Apr 10, 2013 at 09:38 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.14 #3 · Medium-Large Format tips

carstenw wrote:
Is that a Bruce Lee quote?

I got my Polaroid back for my RZ67, and it seems to work okay with Fujifilm FP-100C. The important steps are:

- Cock shutter
- Measure light and set up camera
- Remove metal slide
- Focus
- Expose
- Slowly and steadily pull the white tab straight out in one smooth motion, as far as possible
- Slowly and steadily pull the black tab straight out in one smooth motion, as far as possible
- Wait the required time, for example 2 minutes at 20 degrees Celcius
- Peel the print off the negative/chemical pack
- Let dry for a long time, probably at
...Show more

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.14 #4 · Medium-Large Format tips

I bought a Polaroid back for my RZ67, but it arrived filthy. At some point in the past it seems that a Polaroid had leaked chemicals, and no one ever tried to clean it. So, I spent two hours cleaning it and figuring out how to take it apart, and thought I would pass it on. Perhaps this is also useful for other brands of medium format Polaroid back:

Here is the back:

Open the locking flap:

Open the back (I tipped it down on its back here to get a better look at the roller assembly):

Lift up the centre of the roller assembly, being careful to disengage the plastic lock:

Here is the assembly:

On the side are two metal guides. Carefully push back the plastic inside the loop, and pull back the metal bracket:

Then pull it out completely, and the one on the other side too:

At this point the rollers and two small plastic pieces can fall out, but I held them in. Here is a look at the black plastic end, which just slides out at this point:

Here I have slid the white end out, and you can see how the rollers sit in it. The one roller is only half surrounded by the white plastic bit. The metal bracket closes the other side:

Here is the entire assembly broken down:

Except that there is a plastic flap, which can be removed by pushing together the two plastic tabs in the centre, seen here from above, with the spring there as well. I didn't find it necessary to pull it out to clean it, and it looks fragile, but it can be removed.

Before I put it back together, I used a very tiny little bit of silicon lube on the roller ends. I hope this is helpful to others.

Apr 13, 2013 at 04:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.14 #5 · Medium-Large Format tips

carstenw wrote:
I bought a Polaroid back for my RZ67, but it arrived filthy. At some point in the past it seems that a Polaroid had leaked chemicals, and no one ever tried to clean it. So, I spent two hours cleaning it and figuring out how to take it apart, and thought I would pass it on. Perhaps this is also useful for other brands of medium format Polaroid back:

Carsten, would you know which battery I could buy that will fit my Metz 60-CT1? I have seen some on ebay, but I can't really tell if they are correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130819716064?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

UPG 6V
...Show more

May 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.14 #6 · Medium-Large Format tips

Sorry, I don't know anything about Metz flashes. In my life I have owned just two flashes, an Olympus T32, and the Nikon SB900 I have now.

May 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.14 #7 · Medium-Large Format tips

carstenw wrote:
Sorry, I don't know anything about Metz flashes. In my life I have owned just two flashes, an Olympus T32, and the Nikon SB900 I have now.

Thanks Carsten! I have tried looking online, and such, but I can't really pinpoint a model that will actually be correct, and I can't afford the mistake! I am trying to sell these though, but, if I could get them to work, I wouldnt hesitate keeping them! I am trying to sell my Rollei 4.5 X 6 back, and one lens, the 150mm f/4, so I could fund an used Canon EOS 5D MK I, but I think I'll just keep it, and wait until a windfall comes my way

May 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.14 #8 · Medium-Large Format tips

Would anyone let me know about a decent low priced flash for med format coverage, or would any flash work? Thank you!

May 24, 2013 at 07:42 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password