Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              12      
       14       end

Archive 2012 · Medium-Large Format tips

a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #1 · Medium-Large Format tips

carstenw wrote:
Yay

Now my next try is not ruining my Velvia 50 i just received today! i must say tho, i think i have it down, and that tutorial you wrote helped me feel at ease with loading it! I think I understand the split screen also, and i,uh, used the viewfinder correctly this time, i popped it up!!
Untitled by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:18 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #2 · Medium-Large Format tips

The loupe isn't necessary, but I personally find that it helps a lot. I even thought about buying the magnifier viewfinder, but I am still not sure if I want something that large and non-collapsible on top of an already large camera.

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:20 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #3 · Medium-Large Format tips

carstenw wrote:
The loupe isn't necessary, but I personally find that it helps a lot. I even thought about buying the magnifier viewfinder, but I am still not sure if I want something that large and non-collapsible on top of an already large camera.

it's called a loupe? what's a magnifier viewfinder, and is it good for close ups, like flowers? Ugh, either way, i need to save for film, and processing anyhow! This camera is really cool, but i think it is way above my needs, but heck, who cares!! I wouldn't mind an extra battery as well, and a decent budget tripod, even if it weighs a tonne!

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:28 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.13 #4 · Medium-Large Format tips

Most people here don't need more than a cellphone camera, but this isn't about need, but what makes us happy

You can see the hood I mean on page 10 of this:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/153724/Sinar-Rolleiflex-6008-Af.html?page=10#manual

The cheapest way to do closeups of flower is probably an extension tube, like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rollei-ET-17-extension-tube-for-Rolleiflex-6000-6002-6006-6008-SLX-/221203712130?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item3380c4c882

This price is just silly, with patience you can get them for much less.

Edited on Mar 28, 2013 at 08:37 AM · View previous versions

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:32 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #5 · Medium-Large Format tips

carstenw wrote:
Most people here don't need more than a cellphone camera, but this isn't about need, but what makes us happy

You can see the hood I mean on page 10 of this:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/153724/Sinar-Rolleiflex-6008-Af.html?page=10#manual

oh yeah, i've seen these on ebay, and wondered if it would be a good idea, but after using the new to me eyepiece thing, i think ill be ok! Plus, i would like to trade the peli case for one of these nice leather bags, but, i need film mostly instead!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-QUALITY-100-REAL-LEATHER-VINTAGE-DESIGN-SATCHEL-MESSENGER-BAG-LAPTOP-BAG-/150989354606?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:34 AM
goosemang
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #6 · Medium-Large Format tips

well, took the plunge today and ordered the supplies to develop b&w at home. here goes nothing...

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:20 PM
Guari
• • •
p.13 #7 · Medium-Large Format tips

goosemang wrote:
well, took the plunge today and ordered the supplies to develop b&w at home. here goes nothing...

If you went for it, then I would suggest you go and get yourself a copy of ansel adam's the negative, or the equivalent by a more modern photographer.

Hope you enjoy it. developer temperature makes a difference when doing the gig

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:54 PM
goosemang
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #8 · Medium-Large Format tips

yes, I actually just got a copy of the negative by Adams. thanks

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #9 · Medium-Large Format tips

a Rollei 6008 Polaroid fail! I suck!

aRollei.Brujo.img008 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Mar 30, 2013 at 05:07 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #10 · Medium-Large Format tips

aRollei.Brujo.img009 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

aRollei.Brujo.img010 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Edited on Mar 30, 2013 at 08:39 AM · View previous versions

Mar 30, 2013 at 05:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Guari
• • •
p.13 #11 · Medium-Large Format tips

Can you please put them in a more appropriate size, it messes up the browser

Also there is no need to crosspost from this thread and the film image thread...

Mar 30, 2013 at 08:31 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #12 · Medium-Large Format tips

Guari wrote:

Also there is no need to crosspost from this thread and the film image thread...

sorry!

Mar 30, 2013 at 08:38 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #13 · Medium-Large Format tips

Guari wrote:

Guari, I have fixed them, thanks for alerting me, I apparently left it original sized from an earlier posting elsewhere! Well, in any form, I really failed at these big time! I have no idea what I did wrong, other than use black and white polaroid, and not adjusting the exposure well! These were a little bit okay, but the darn Polaroids are difficult, and as you tell, messy! I lost more than half the darn photo's as well, due to no exposure at all! I am so danged near going back to digital, as I also ruined another Fuji 50 Velvia roll!!!

Mar 30, 2013 at 08:44 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.13 #14 · Medium-Large Format tips

The second one looks unfocused, and the bright light has caused some flare in the emulsion of the Polaroid film, which is fairly thick. It is also overexposed.

The fourth one looks good, but also not so sharp.

The first/third one looks very sharp, but a bit dirty. Was it dropped? But more seriously, it looks like it is a multiple exposure, i.e. two shots on top of each other. Did you maybe take two shots without removing the film in between?

Mar 30, 2013 at 09:30 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #15 · Medium-Large Format tips

carstenw wrote:
The second one looks unfocused, and the bright light has caused some flare in the emulsion of the Polaroid film, which is fairly thick. It is also overexposed.

The fourth one looks good, but also not so sharp.

The first/third one looks very sharp, but a bit dirty. Was it dropped? But more seriously, it looks like it is a multiple exposure, i.e. two shots on top of each other. Did you maybe take two shots without removing the film in between?

Hi, Carsten, Thank you for the response! The 3rd was was an accidental double exposure, unfortunately, I feel victim to the I forgot to remove the dang film paper issue, again! The others were rushed, and were the best I could muster at that point, but the worst of all part is my portrait my son shot of me twice, they both did not expose, and the results were black, but my son's reaction of disappointment was even worse!! I have no idea what went wrong, or how to prevent it again, but the whole damn incident has left me even more upset,my son worked very hard to take my portrait, just to be let down!! Thank God he was able to laugh about it, but at age 11, I think he was still a bit upset at it, but being a toughie, like his mum when faced when these sorts of dilemmas! I only had one Polaroid with me, and no ability to get more at that moment, and to make it worse, it was black and white at ISO 3000!

Mar 30, 2013 at 09:46 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #16 · Medium-Large Format tips

Addendum, I am off to sleep, gotta wake up at 7 AM PST Thanks again Cartsten!

Mar 30, 2013 at 09:54 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #17 · Medium-Large Format tips

These kinda look cool despite my failure!

Mar 30, 2013 at 03:14 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #18 · Medium-Large Format tips

this is great!

Polaroid Tips: Fujifilm FP-3000b BW Film - Scan the Negs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2wE81dc0iQ

Mar 31, 2013 at 09:42 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.13 #19 · Medium-Large Format tips

i found another poorly executed Polaroid, however, it looks kinda cool

aRollei.Brujo.img018 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:13 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.13 #20 · Medium-Large Format tips

Haha, is this going to be your style now?

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:20 PM
       14       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

14       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password