New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Buy/Sell section

double_a

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Buy/Sell section

I have been trying to buy something from the buy/sell section but facing a bit of challenges since my registration here. I get a respond like 'not for sales anymore' or 'someone has offer a better price' for those items I was interested in. However, those items are still available for sales today. It may be coincident but this happened after I told the seller I am from Malaysia. Would appreciate if anyone here can let me know whether the buy/sell forum is meant for US residents only?

Oct 14, 2012 at 04:45 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Buy/Sell section

It's not, but most sellers want to keep the sale in the US/Canada and I'm afraid that's what you're
seeing with those types of replies you're getting. Let me welcome you to FM and make a suggestion.
Participate in a Forum other than the B&S, and get some posts under your belt. You'll be more likely
to strike a deal with someone willing to ship gear overseas. Good luck and enjoy your stay here.

Oct 14, 2012 at 07:09 AM
double_a

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Buy/Sell section

I am glad to hear this. Actually i no need the seller to do oversea shipping as i have a US address where the seller can ship it to my friend in new york. My worries are there could be too many scams out there which has stopped the seller to trust oversea buyer. I will take your advise to post in other sections and would appreciate if u can let me know what else i can do to bring up the trust with the seller here. Thanks

Oct 14, 2012 at 07:54 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Buy/Sell section

Having a "US" shipping address is huge. I sell a fair amount of gear to guys in Canada and Australia
because of such an arrangement. Make certain the seller is aware of this in your PM, sure makes it easier.

Oct 14, 2012 at 08:29 AM
double_a

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Buy/Sell section

Cool, thanks for the advice

Oct 14, 2012 at 08:48 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.