Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Parent Album Vendors?

Dashome

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Parent Album Vendors?

I had an inquiry for a parent album. I was thinking of going the route of a 6x9 Press album. The best option I have come across so far was a rave book from finao. I just feel like that may be a tough price point for an up-sell to the client when they would at least be looking at purchasing 2 (and this vendor doesn't offer a second copy discount that I could see).

I just wanted to see what other vendors may be worth checking into for this size. I found an old thread on another board from a now inactive member who had something less than 1/2 that price. I just want to make sure it is a quality vendor.Since I have never done this before, is there any different thought process for a parent album or do I just make a very similar copy? Thanks!

Oct 14, 2012 at 03:39 AM
drpeters
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Parent Album Vendors?

I'm a huge fan of Zookbinders. Hand made in the suburbs of Chicago. I got a tour of their facility in 2009, right after they had spent $1.5 million on a new digital press manufactured by HP. It was pretty neat watching their employees expertly and quickly complete the functions of their particular station, be it binding, gilding, printing, etc.

Check out the PhotoBook for your parent album needs.

dp

Oct 14, 2012 at 07:05 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Parent Album Vendors?

I would check out the press-printed albums from WHCC if you are wanting something a bit nicer without totally breaking the bank. We have always used BRI for our basic guest books, but we are considering dropping them altogether for the WHCC ones which are much more substantial books.

Oct 14, 2012 at 07:14 PM
Dashome

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Parent Album Vendors?

Thanks for the tips guys. I think WHCC was the company referred to earlier. I am getting in touch with both of them. I like the idea of zookbinders as they are local to me.

Joel, I was wondering what finish you have had an experience with? I liked WHCC's Satin with lustre coating as I thought that might have a more high end feel compared to the usual gloss finish. I was wondering what your thoughts were on this if you had handled both finishes. Thanks!

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM
msack
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Parent Album Vendors?

I second Zookbinders....good quality and fast service.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password