Upload & Sell: Off
| p.1 #1 · North Carolina Mountains at Sunset |
I was thinking about printing and hanging this image but am unsure of my PP and the composition of the crop.
The following info just an fyi if needed at all. The image is cropped from a raw file at 6x17. I processed the raw file in DPP sticking to the raw tab mostly moving the sliders to taste, brghtness .33, WB shot settings, Contrast +4, Highlight -1, Shadow +1, Color Tone 0, Color Saturation +4, Sharpening with USM Strength 10, Fineness 8, Threshold 9. In the RGB tab the only adjustment was lowering the red channel a bit on the tone curve, ALO strong, NR 5, and DLO 100. I only have Photoshop CS1 (photoshop 8). In photoshop I worked with layer adjustments to saturate some and add some contrast with curves and other layers.
I was wondering the following:
1. Is the composition ok or is there too much sky and clouds?
2. Would a ratio of 3x12 work, which would take out some sky, or is that way too skinny?
3. From what you can see should the image print ok with smooth tones and not blotchy.
4. I upsampled the file 2x in DPP. I compared this to PS bicubic smoother at 100% and print size and could not see much of a difference. Does anyone have any experience using DPP to up size an image. ( I know I'm behind the times with software but at the moment it's all I have to work with ).
5. Am I missing something in PP I need to do or am I headed the right direction.
I am unsure of my workflow and just need some guidance in the right direction.
Preparing this image for print is another issue I am in need of advice and any help is appreciated.
PS I can take brutal honesty
MG_0445DPPupRez2x617_PSw10 by scm20000, on Flickr