New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D4 Exposure bar

MikeW
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D4 Exposure bar

I couldn't find anything in the menu, googled a bit but I can't find the answer & it is usually less painful asking here

Question: Can you put the exposure bar in viewfinder down the bottom rather than on the right side? I have trouble seeing it on the right, is it on the right with the D3?

Thanks,

Mike

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D4 Exposure bar

I THINK it's called a meter...and on the D4/D3s/D3/D2x etc, it's always fixed on the right.....i looked through the manual as well, and i couldn't find any "virtual meter" that like overlays over the viewfinder...so i'm 99% sure it's fixed on the right....

Oct 13, 2012 at 01:45 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D4 Exposure bar

dang, I guess I am shooting more in Aperture with auto iso with good results & manual focus with tripod so I can see it on top, just feels like I have less control. I am not use to looking far right to see it

Maybe my DK-17M + DK-19 helps block it too

Thanks

Oct 13, 2012 at 02:00 PM
davidnholtjr
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D4 Exposure bar

Yeah, you have to get use to it on the right. I just got a D3 and it took a little time to get use to.

Oct 13, 2012 at 09:44 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D4 Exposure bar

Isn't the DK-17M a magnifier ? That would definitely help put the side bits out of your standard viewing angle.

The pro cameras - Canon and Nikon - seem to have the exposure indicator(s) on the right and the cheaper cameras seem to mostly go for the bottom.

- Alan

Oct 15, 2012 at 04:40 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.