New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · corporate shot

Creativesnaps
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · corporate shot

I have done this for work the other day. I had to take the picture of the manager separately in his office against a white background as i couldn't set my lighting up on the platform due to the overhead lines (25,000 volts) at the train station.
I then took the image of the station and then superimposed him onto the background.

Any feed back is welcome.

Edited on Oct 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM · View previous versions

Oct 13, 2012 at 07:23 AM
GraceNFaith

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · corporate shot

Love the saturation on the image. Lighting seems to match on the client and background. The background seems a bit distracting though IMO, but it may work with the client.

Tim

Oct 13, 2012 at 08:46 AM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · corporate shot

This is really great. I second the idea of lowering the brightness of the background a bit. I also would clone out that top left corner (well, it distracts me from his head, but maybe I'm the only one lol). Nice concept, you did an excellent job! I am sure they will love this.

Oct 13, 2012 at 09:21 AM
liamh
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · corporate shot

Nice lighting on the manager and I like the juxtaposition of his static image with the movement in the background. Not that it's an issue for me, but it does scream composite. Is the choice of lens different on the two shots?

Oct 13, 2012 at 09:35 AM
Creativesnaps
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · corporate shot

Thanks for all your comments and feedback.
Hi Liam, i used the same lens and distances due to needing the scale to be correct.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM
jrs5fg
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · corporate shot

I think the lighting could be tweaked. Currently both sides of his head are evenly lit. You should make the light on his left side a little weaker, to match the sources of daylight.

I would say dim the light on the right side of his head (using a digital graduated filter) by 0.5-1 stops.

Also, make the top-down light gradient across him a little stronger. Currently his shirt is still too evenly lit (there's a weak gradient but it doesn't match the strength of daylight).

Oct 21, 2012 at 07:21 PM
Calcvictim
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · corporate shot

great shot, one thing I do not like is his head being cut off

I think the lighting works great the way it is

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:34 AM
qwyjibo
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · corporate shot

Very well done, far more interesting than the average corporate shot. I'm on my phone, but I think I see some moire in his shirt.
Dave

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.