Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Why I'm switching to Canon...(From Nikon)

KibblesNbitz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Why I'm switching to Canon...(From Nikon)

Well, I went to the photoplus expo in NYC today, and man, after playing with the 1DX for a little while, that thing is SOOO mine as soon as I finish this last job! I used the 50L and the 70-200 2.8 IS II on it, and man, Canon L glass is no joke! The 400 2.8L II is absolutely mind blowing as well...

As a side note, the service was absolutely excellent as well...The first time I walked up to the Canon counter to play with the 1DX, the rep asked me about my gear and shooting, and I explained how I was planning to move to Canon from Nikon and how I shoot weddings, etc, etc. He took great interest and asked me when I was planning to make the switch. When I told him in about a week or two, he immediately took down my information, gave some advice, and said he would forward it to some people and the sales department who would contact me to assist with the switch. I was really impressed considering I got a blank stare from the Nikon rep when I said I was probably going to switch, not even an attempt to get me to stay with Nikon

Later, I casually mentioned my impending switch to Canon and gear to a Canon Rep for the video area, and he gave me a special bag that was locked up, as well as some info. I thought that was nice of him. Then I ended up talking to a CPS rep, and when I repeated my story of the impending switch and gear, he gave me a CPS lanyard, and offered me access to the CPS lounge to see what Canon CPS was all about, and to tell them "name here" sent me and said it was okay for me to go in.

I just thought everyone was really helpful and appreciative, and everybody I told took an active interest in me and my business, which was really nice to see!

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:09 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Why I'm switching to Canon...(From Nikon)

+1, KibblesNbitz.

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:11 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Why I'm switching to Canon...(From Nikon)

A good photographer will get exceptional images from any reasonable camera system......a poor photographer will be eternally gear hopping...

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:58 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Why I'm switching to Canon...(From Nikon)

I think 5DMK2 wont sit in bag. Try landscapes with it.. you will be suprised. (just dont push shadows too much please)

Plus its bit more friendly weight for hiking and such..

Oct 25, 2012 at 09:15 PM
Breitling65
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Why I'm switching to Canon...(From Nikon)

Tom K. wrote:
I just bought a Canon 5D Mark 3 a few weeks ago and it's already malfunctioning severely. It's broken. I spent over 3 grand for something that is completely undependable.

Good luck with the switch.

^ Sounds like Nikon made cameras are problems free, am I right? Repair it, sale and get Nikon instead.

Oct 25, 2012 at 09:19 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.