Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

Brian Virts
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

I'm working on a wedding in Punta Cuna early next year. Has anyone shot there? Any tax or permit procedures when shooting? thanks!

Oct 11, 2012 at 07:54 PM
Sue Callan

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

I shot my nephews wedding there a few years back....no problems whatsoever! Right on the beach...it was great.....but just to be sure, in case things have changed, you should contact the resort for more information.

Oct 11, 2012 at 09:14 PM
Sergio Mottola
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

well to start, you can wear shorts if you want, they tell you to take your shoes off, and you get a bronzed tan. and they constantly push mai tais on you, its terrible. there are so many obstacles to overcome. worst of all, the weather is usually great and the resorts include complimentary spa packages.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Johnny5liter
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

Sergio Mottola wrote:
well to start, you can wear shorts if you want, they tell you to take your shoes off, and you get a bronzed tan. and they constantly push mai tais on you, its terrible. there are so many obstacles to overcome. worst of all, the weather is usually great and the resorts include complimentary spa packages.

Those bastards!

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Brian Virts
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

awesome! thanks...

Oct 12, 2012 at 02:15 PM
skiboarder72
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

I shot a wedding in punta cana, dominican republic back in July. Beautiful place for sure!

I didn't really have any issues shooting. Make sure you travel light though and keep all your luggage with you. They like to take all the gate checked bags at the Punta Cana airport and just set them out near where all the checked bags come out, so thats a bit disheartening. Make sure to bring a few hundred in cash (there is a $10 per person entry fee into the country) and taxi rides are about $40 each way. Once your at the resort make sure to put your camera and everything in the safe (at least what you can fit). I didn't have any major problems but I like to stay on the safe side of things when I'm out of the country.

Oct 15, 2012 at 08:06 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

I go to Punta Cana 4 or 5 times every year, relax, you will have a great time, I never had any issues with people stealing anything from my room, same at the airport, it's a very friendly place. I always travel with jetBlue Airways and I naver gate check any of my bags, it always fit, unless you have a monster bag, you can bring onboard 1 bag up to 26x18x12 and another small bag..ie laptop.
Have fun!

Oct 15, 2012 at 02:11 PM
jomazo

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

Just shot a wedding in Dreams Punta Cana Resort and Spa. No problems at all. I also stuffed all my gear in the safe. 5DM2+24-70+70-200+50mm+100mm two flashes and another body. Wear light. Very humid and hot. The wedding was on the beach..very nice...a bit late. 6pm...lighting was not very good. So be prepared for that. Only thing I would double check with B & G is some resorts like the one I went to comes with a photographer and ceremony only. Which infuriated me! FYI. Best of Luck.

Oct 22, 2012 at 07:31 PM
Johnny5liter
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

Great job Ski.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Brian Virts
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dominican Republic, any issues when shooting?

Thanks guys, nice work Ski. I booked this shoot, we are taking a charter out of Philadelphia in March. So, I'm taking pretty much all of my gear. I've been to Punta Cana before, so I know how beautiful. I'm really looking forward to this wedding...

Jan 01, 2013 at 08:00 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.