Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Scarecrow (variation added)

sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Scarecrow (variation added)

Jaffrey NH has a yearly event every Columbus Day Weekend, as Halloween approaches. Downtown is lined with scarecrows competing for attention from leaf peepers and townies. Here's one.
What do you think?
Does the angle work?

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2012

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    35mm    f/6.7    1/350s    400 ISO    -0.5 EV  

Edited on Oct 12, 2012 at 09:04 PM · View previous versions

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:57 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Scarecrow (variation added)

I don't know if it is anything to "crow" about ... but it sure is a "scary" looking thing.

Sorry ... couldn't constrain myself.

It comes across as somewhere between bizarre and creepy for me, but the mood of the colors/lighting seem so incongruous that I'm left with a confused "Huh?" kinda thing going on. Is this documentary or is it creative ... I'm left somewhere in the middle.

I kinda get the attempt toward the deranged angle ... I just wish the mood of lighting / mood were in better harmony with the weird/deranged/bizarre/creepy theme as suggested by the comp angle ... if that makes any sense.

Oct 11, 2012 at 03:27 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Scarecrow (variation added)

Interesting! It's got a Scarecrow Meets Evil Clown sort of vibe, and "Scarecrow Meets Evil Clown" is a phrase I'd not imagined ever having reason to write.

Oct 11, 2012 at 07:35 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Scarecrow (variation added)

Scott, I like your pseudo-psycho clown / scarecrow... Hope you do not mind:: I ran it through Nik Color Efex Pro for detail extraction... I thought the face could use more Pot-marks...

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Scarecrow (variation added)

RustyBug wrote:
I don't know if it is anything to "crow" about ... but it sure is a "scary" looking thing.

Sorry ... couldn't constrain myself.

It comes across as somewhere between bizarre and creepy for me, but the mood of the colors/lighting seem so incongruous that I'm left with a confused "Huh?" kinda thing going on. Is this documentary or is it creative ... I'm left somewhere in the middle.

I kinda get the attempt toward the deranged angle ... I just wish the mood of lighting / mood were in better harmony with the weird/deranged/bizarre/creepy theme as suggested by the comp angle
...Show more
Kent,
Appreciate your thoughtful analysis once again. There is something incongruous about both the colors and the notion of a this kind of clown/scarecrow.
Scott

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Scarecrow (variation added)

AuntiPode wrote:
Interesting! It's got a Scarecrow Meets Evil Clown sort of vibe, and "Scarecrow Meets Evil Clown" is a phrase I'd not imagined ever having reason to write.

Your comment reminds me of the bizarre horror film "Killer Clowns from Outer Space". They had really bad teeth and skin.

Scott

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Scarecrow (variation added)

oldrattler,
First, feel free to repost any of my images.
Second, this one benefits from a bit of a further push.
The detail extractor was a good idea. I like what it did. It looks like something else was done to the image as well, with intensity and color shifts in the sky and on the suit.
Scott

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Scarecrow (variation added)

sbeme wrote:
oldrattler,
First, feel free to repost any of my images.
Second, this one benefits from a bit of a further push.
The detail extractor was a good idea. I like what it did. It looks like something else was done to the image as well, with intensity and color shifts in the sky and on the suit.
Scott

Scott; I possibly used a tonal contrast filter... I have a number of "recipes" that include multiple filter... Usually it is detail enhancer; tonal contrast; vignette; lighten / darken center; Sharpen & size for internet... Vibrancy & clarity are applied in LR4, or Viveza... Sorry, I have done this so much now that I am on auto-pilot sometimes... I will pay better attention next time & provide more precise adjustments... Jim

Oct 12, 2012 at 03:07 AM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #9 · Scarecrow (variation added)

AuntiPode wrote:

Aunti Pode nailed the description perfectly.

Oct 12, 2012 at 03:35 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Scarecrow (variation added)

over the top

GoetzPhotoz 2012

Oct 12, 2012 at 08:36 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Scarecrow (variation added)

sbeme wrote:
over the top

Nothing like going "Whole Hog" wild... Little extreme, but I like it...

Oct 12, 2012 at 08:53 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password