Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

pjny
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

Hi,

I just got 8 more Eneloops for my Flex TT5 and need a way to mark them in pairs. I've used tape before but then had problems with the batteries sliding into my Nikon flashes. Also used a Sharpie but usage made ink fade.

How do you organize/mark your Eneloops? I have about 60 now. Do you need to keep sets in order or can you mix batteries? I am using a 2 Maha MH-C800S to charge all these batteries. Just want to make sure I get the most out of them.

Oct 11, 2012 at 02:04 AM
JimboCin
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

I don't bother to mark my batteries. I store then in Storacell.

They come in a wide variety of sizes and colors.

If you want you can mark or label each case.

I do't get worried about mixing batteries, but I do try to keep them organized and together by date purchased.

Jim

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:40 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

I've used a Sharpie as well, then just went over it as the number fades.

Eneloop used to sell a solid-blue, "Glitter" and "Chocolate" editions which made it easier to keep them sorted. Now it's just the solid-white or solid-black, the latter of which is REALLY hard to mark- I did mine with a flourescent Sharpie. Unfortunately, the color has to be bright to show up on it, so I won't be buying any more than the 2 sets of the all-black XX I have.

Like Jimbo, I also try to sort them by date purchased; I figure it'll be easier to tell when a set gets due for the graveyard.

Of course, if you have a charger that individually charges batteries, that helps.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

I have this very question.

How are you organizing by date if you don't mark them? Is there a date on them that I missed?

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM
pjny
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

Yeah. I want to mainly mark the sets of 8 batteries so I know how old each set is. I have 2-3 year old batteries I don't want to mix in with fresh ones. Even if they say the batteries can be recharged 1600 times or so on the packaging.

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

http://photocornucopia.com/images/Automotive/l_472_pc_400.jpg

http://photocornucopia.com/images/Automotive/l_484_pc_400.jpg

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:12 PM
Mr Kris
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

I use the industrial Sharpies and haven't had issues with writing rubbing off. I mark them in sets of 4 with letters and a number. A1, A2, A3, A4, etc.

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM
pjny
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

Wow, thanks. I didn't know about "industrial sharpies". i think the regular sharpie are wiped out with finger grease when handling. what is the difference with industrial strenght sharpies?

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Mr Kris
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

Not sure precisely from a formula standpoint... they just seem to work better. They don't even really cost much more than regular ones. They seem to let out a thicker coat of ink and they smell different, so I'm sure there's different solvents or pigments or something.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM
ELWOOD B
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

Here's my solution. Different colored batteries, different colored tops.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8053/8091044190_8bb1f67433_o.jpg

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:13 PM
sic0048
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

I started out marking them in sets of four, beginning with the letter A. So I have A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2........ etc, etc, etc

I don't write the purchase date down (but that is a great idea), but at least my numbering sequence will let me know in what order the batteries where bought.

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:52 PM
ScooberJake
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

So far I have just bought different colors. I have 8 x white (all purchased at once), 8 x blue (all purchased at once), and a set of 4 x silver Energizers I received as a gift. When I purchase my next set, I will try to get black, I'll go Imedions if I need to.

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How do you organize/mark your Eneloops?

The blue Eneloops are no longer available. Supposedly they were for low-drain devices like radio flash triggers, etc.

Oh, if only Eneloop would bring back the Chocolate-colored AA's... maybe next they'll come out with different ice cream flavors, smog colors or something else.

ScooberJake wrote:
8 x blue

Oct 18, 2012 at 07:40 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.