1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Qustion on Gitzo three-leg carbon fiber tripod

peter_n
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Qustion on Gitzo three-leg carbon fiber tripod

dcains wrote:
Yes, and this is one of those little details those shouting their Benro/Induro/Sirui/other knock-off brand is "as good as a Gitzo" fail to make note of. If you actually take apart and compare the leg locks in detail, it's obvious to see the differences in thread pitch, precision of the machined parts, and quality of the compression fitting parts used.

I've done this and while I wouldn't say that my Benro traveler is "as good as a Gitzo" I do prefer using the Benro leg locks in particular as they're much smoother in use than my (now sold) Gitzo traveler. The best description I can come up with is that these Benro locks are as smooth as those on my old Gitzo 1228.

I've taken both the Benro and Gitzo leg locks completely apart and the only substantive difference I could discern is that the white plastic bushes on the Benro are slightly thinner than the Gitzo ones. I believe that's a result of the Benro legs being a very tight sliding fit. Once again I'm not suggesting that the Benro is as "good as" or "better" than much more expensive tripods but I do think that my tripod is good value. I'm into my third year of use and it's doing OK.

Oct 17, 2012 at 09:41 AM
Glenn NK
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Qustion on Gitzo three-leg carbon fiber tripod

sjms wrote:
the codex for gitzo products:
http://reallyrightstuff.com/Items.aspx?code=TripodsGitzo&key=cat

Thanks for that - it's useful.

Glenn

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM
epphoto
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Qustion on Gitzo three-leg carbon fiber tripod

Guys thank to all for your help
I just got my Gizo GT3531S today and i like it !!
Do you guys know what kind of column i can buy ? just making sure to get the right one thanks

Oct 19, 2012 at 09:00 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.