Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · HS Football

BillP57
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Football

this was the first game I shot standing up, because the field had at least a 3 ft. crown and from a kneeling position I wouldn't have seen half the field. Even standing I couldn't see below the knees of anyone on the far sideline. On the plus side this field had the best lights of any field I have shot at so far. C&C appreciated.

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:04 PM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Football

Four more

8 Extra point block attempt

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:07 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Football

Bill - I am not quite the caliber of some of these guys (yet ) but thought I would offer some thoughts I noticed, seeming you had a bunch of views and no comments.

1st shot the offensive player crossing in front like that is a bit distracting. But sometimes that happens to me on an end zone catch or even a big hit I wished I had caught.

I dig 2 and 3 and for shooting the 7D in Nat light the noise isnt bad.

4 - wish the eyes would have made it above the mask.

5 has some room on the left, but nice grab.
6 has great timing
7 looks like a sack?
8 Is there a shot with the kicker involved to show the play? I might have shot it wider to include the other players.

Cool set and again these are just some comments from somebody trying to get better as well! Thanks for sharing.

Oct 10, 2012 at 09:46 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Football

Nice work, Bill. #5 is a standout, 6 is a close second.

Oct 10, 2012 at 09:49 AM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Football

Thanks for the comments. I wish I shot this field more often, the lights are about 2 stops brighter. Also the poles are shorter which puts more light on the faces, instead of a helmet shadow.

Mako, I agree #1 would have been much better after the foreground player had passed, but I still liked the symmetry of the 3 players. For #4 it seems the mask covers the eyes more than I would expect for so much open space. #7 was a sack and the shot before had the defensive players face, but the QB's position in this shot looked better. #8 I agree would be better with a wider reference, but I am currently shooting only one body with a 300mm.

Russ, I appreciate the comments and your time.

Bill

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM
jmcaverly
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HS Football

Nice group of photos. I like #5 and #6.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.