Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

ssc45
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

I am looking for a backpack to carry both my 1dm4 with 100-400 attached and my 5d2 with 24-105 attached. It should also be able to carry at least three other lens and misc items. The only bag that might work seems to be the Gura Gear Bataflae 32L. I am waiting to take a look, but am open to any thoughts.

Thanks for your time,
Regards, Steve

Oct 09, 2012 at 10:15 PM
AmbientMike
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

FWIW: Used an Old Navy backpack with bubble wrap for 5d and a few lenses. Mostly kept 5d in hand.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

The ThinkTank Airport Addicted 2 will do it but is perhaps too big.

I bought it because it could fit two pro cameras beside each other, with lenses attached. Most packs are too shallow or too narrow or too short (or some combination) or have rounded corners that prevent holding both cameras if large-ish lenses are attached to them.

You need to decide how you want to use it too. e.g. if it starts raining and you want to put away the camera with its small-ish lens still attached do you have room elsewhere in the pack for the big lens or will you have to swap lenses before you can put the camera away. I think you probably need enough space to hold the camera plus biggest lens and all of your other lenses and accessories that you intend carrying and also enough spare space for the biggest lens.

Oct 13, 2012 at 08:37 PM
tangfj

p.1 #4 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

Check out fstop gear. You could probably use the loka or tilopa and large ICU or might be able to get away with the Kenti but it might be too small.

I have the Tilopa and guru but don't have the same gear as you. With a medium pro ICU I have more than enough room for my 5d3 with tamron 24-70 attached and 3-4 other lenses plus accessories. With the guru I don't have much space for much else, with the tilopa I have tons of space for bringing other things.

Oct 14, 2012 at 03:02 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

Every brand has a few bags/backpacks that can carry your equipment without any problems. I like my ThinkTank Airport Addicted backpack

Oct 14, 2012 at 08:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ssc45
• •
p.1 #6 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

Thanks for the feedback. I will check out the TT. My main bag is the TT streetwalker HD. My TT airport security 2 doesn't really fit what I need. It is my travel bag, so maybe the airport addicted will work.

Thanks, Steve

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:42 AM
lucasstahl

p.1 #7 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

Check out the Gura Gear 22L. There is a big refurb sale going on here. Just picked one up myself and it's an awesome bag. Lightweight and heavy duty. Should be big enough to fit your 100-400.

http://www.outdoorphotogear.com/store/gura-gear-kiboko-22l-backpack-refurbished.html

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:42 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

Dakine Sequence ought to handle that, too.

Oct 15, 2012 at 03:44 PM
photo1a
• •
p.1 #9 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

I use the F-Stop Tilopa and carry:

5DIII, 5DII as backup; 24-105L, 17-40L, 70-200 f4L; and TSE 24II (sometimes)
I usually have the 24-105L mounted on the 5DIII.

There are two top pockets, one in which I carry food and one in which I carry a variety of filters.

I use the large ICU. There is room in the pack for some clothing.

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:58 PM
ssc45
• •
p.1 #10 · Backpack that will carry 2 camera's with the lens attached

Thanks for the thoughts. The GG 22 will not work. The TT airport addicted is no longer made. I will wait to look at the new TT airport BP's and the GG Bataflae. I will look at the F-stop and Dakine.

Cheers, Steve

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password