New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

lucasstahl

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

Found a pretty cool deal...

It looks like a bunch of these bags were called back to make two reinforcement stitches, just picked one up on Friday. Outdoor Photo Gear is selling them at a super low cost.

http://www.outdoorphotogear.com/store/gura-gear-kiboko-22l-backpack-refurbished.html

FYI

Oct 08, 2012 at 04:03 PM
Mike Pearson
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

I had one of the bags that was recalled. I had bought it as a returned item for a good price, then a week later got a letter saying it was missing two rows of stitches. They sent a new one with a label to put on the box to send back the old one. They back their products all the way without you having to prod them. If I did not already have one I would take one of these in a heart beat.

I have had the 30L since they first came out, but when I went on a week long cruise that would involve shore excursions I figured the 22L would be just right, and it was. I took my 1DIV, 5DIII, 24-70 f2.8II, and 70-200 f2.8II on the excursions and had extra space. That extra space was used when I first boarded the ship to carry my laptop, card reader, chargers for everything, and the general small stuff you want to have around (filters, blower, lens cleaning stuff....).

Great bag and company.

Oct 08, 2012 at 11:16 PM
lucasstahl

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

I think the 22L is just about the perfect size.

It arrived yesterday and the thing looks brand new.

Oct 09, 2012 at 08:33 AM
OldCodger73
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

Looks like Gera Gear has a new line of bags coming out, the Bataflae 26L and 32L. They seem very similar to the Kiboko series except the butterfly flaps open from the top of the bag, like traditional bags, rather than the center.

Oct 09, 2012 at 10:43 AM
lucasstahl

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

Yeah, I saw that, they look pretty awesome, just to expensive for my blood. About a $150 price difference then these refurbs.

Oct 09, 2012 at 10:56 AM
shaggymatt

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

I guess I should have bought the Gear Gear bag instead of the Think Tank from them, it would've made me faster when racing: "Kiboko backpacks are made of high-tech materials designed to balance weight and durability. Used by some of the fastest sail boats in the world..." Not too sure how that applies to photography?

Thanks for the link, I grabbed a demo Streetwalker HD for a great price from them yesterday.

Oct 10, 2012 at 07:06 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

it's light, reinforced and takes a beating really well. that pretty much what i like in a material. i have a few articles made from this variant. they hold up well.

Edited on Oct 10, 2012 at 09:24 AM · View previous versions

Oct 10, 2012 at 07:14 AM
lucasstahl

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

You know, shaggymatt, I've ordered from them before and their customer service is pretty awesome. They would probably help you out and swap the order with little to no hassle. I'd touch base with them.

The material is tough, that's why I prefer the Gura bags.

Oct 10, 2012 at 08:56 AM
shaggymatt

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

Honestly, for my needs, I don't think another $100 is justified. I primarily do weddings, or events. I'm not distance hiking with all of my gear. I just need a bag for when I'm out of town for the weekend and don't want to bring my 70 pound Pelican case.

Although looking at the Kiboko, I might be able to fit my wedding package into the bag, which would free my hands for lighting equipment.

Oct 10, 2012 at 09:18 AM
lucasstahl

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

Right on... I can understand that for sure! I had a Lowepro for forever, stood by that brand for awhile. Saving $130 bucks on Kiboko was something I just couldn't pass up though.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM
spdntrxi
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

Nice.. I have the 30L and 19-24L... thinking I would actually have more use for a 22L+ then the Chobe...atleast the 22L+ can has a spot for a laptop

Oct 11, 2012 at 08:03 PM
dswtan

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Gura Gear Kiboko Refurbished Bags

Anyone have pictures of these "reinforcement stitches" mentioned in the Outdoor Photo Gear description? I have a 22L from an alternative source, and would love to know if it has them or not. Thanks!

Oct 14, 2012 at 12:58 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.