FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       6       end

Archive 2012 · The End of Facebook Marketing

BGP1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Facebook is so 2012. You just gotta think outside the box a little more for 2013...

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/photobrian925/spinnercopy.jpg

(I assume the sign is the same on both sides otherwise this kid is so fired.)

Oct 08, 2012 at 05:03 PM
Juliewhitlock

p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · The End of Facebook Marketing

I'm glad you posted this. I was starting to get a complex. Two lovely weddings this weekend and 8 likes? I guess it's back to the drawing board for a work around!

Oct 08, 2012 at 05:25 PM
The Ben
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Tag the client, friend/tag all the bridesmaids/groomsmen, share on your personal wall, and maybe promote the post. They're just putting obstacles in your way to get around. If you're creative enough with promoting yourself, Facebook is just another tool you can use.

Also sign up for Google+. With google changing accounts to G+ accounts and getting rid of Google Places (sort of) and putting in with G+, personalized searches based on what your friends like is already here and the next big thing since most people have gmail and are usually logged into google anyway. Never hedge your bet against Google... ever.

Oct 08, 2012 at 05:39 PM
brianclary
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · The End of Facebook Marketing

, BGP1, that's awesome.

Oct 08, 2012 at 05:49 PM
TheGE
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · The End of Facebook Marketing

TRReichman wrote:
Goes to show you that you can't rely on some other platform to do the marketing for you. Audience building ought to be done on a platform that you own completely.

This is also the problem with having a heavy reliance from one source or one media. They change or shut down and the business is out. The smart entrepreneur has multiple sources of leads.

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:10 PM
MBMK
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Soon as I make my post on FB, I go ahead and share the link as PUBLIC on my personal FB. Its been getting me a lot more likes this way than before.

But this is for single picture. I haven't done it with an album yet. I will soon.

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:26 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Tony Hoffer wrote:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/44/721344.png

I would call you a jackass, but that was just too ful of awesome. lol

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:44 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · The End of Facebook Marketing

Tony Hoffer wrote:

I'm only 10,770 likes behind Tony. I should catch up with him in 2064.

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:48 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · The End of Facebook Marketing

amonline wrote:
I would call you a jackass

On most days, you wouldn't be wrong to do so.

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:54 PM
Brian Virts
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · The End of Facebook Marketing

I've never put any real stock in my Facebook page ...it's a necessary evil IMO for a complete SEO package. Maybe this will flush out some of the FB page only photogs??

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:13 PM
dk411

p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · The End of Facebook Marketing

time to re-invent myspace.com?

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:16 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · The End of Facebook Marketing

I don't do a lot of FB stuff on my page, and I only have a little over 200 likes. However, yesterday I uploaded an album and it says that it reached 70 people, so that doesn't seem much different than usual.

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:21 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · The End of Facebook Marketing

If your name isn't Tony Hoffer, you are probably posting photos or other content 2-3 times a week at most. So, if you spend $5, 20 times in a month, is $100 worth reaching your fans and their friends? Facebook has done wonders for me, and while I think it's becoming less effective, I'm not entirely sure its only because of reach...I think people are becoming less and less interested, and maybe because they probably see 5 bagillion photos from the other 5 bagillion photographers weekly, and if you aren't 'wowing' them, you are just noise.

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:30 PM
brianclary
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · The End of Facebook Marketing

sboerup wrote:
If your name isn't Tony Hoffer, you are probably posting photos or other content 2-3 times a week at most. So, if you spend $5, 20 times in a month, is $100 worth reaching your fans and their friends? Facebook has done wonders for me, and while I think it's becoming less effective, I'm not entirely sure its only because of reach...I think people are becoming less and less interested, and maybe because they probably see 5 bagillion photos from the other 5 bagillion photographers weekly, and if you aren't 'wowing' them, you are just noise.

+1

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:34 PM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · The End of Facebook Marketing

sboerup wrote:

While I think it's true when posting whole albums you can just become noise, I've had good success by posting single shots. I'll try to post a 'wow' shot a day or two after the wedding, then maybe a funny or emotional shot a little later on. People like it when they don't have to go looking through albums for those shots. It's all about engaging your fans and keeping their interest.

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:19 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · The End of Facebook Marketing

amonline wrote:
I would call you a jackass

Tony Hoffer wrote:
On most days, you wouldn't be wrong to do so.

haha Unfortunately, I share that same affliction.

Oct 08, 2012 at 10:03 PM
craigd
• •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · The End of Facebook Marketing

dk411 wrote:
time to re-invent myspace.com?

like this? new.myspace.com

Oct 08, 2012 at 11:36 PM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · The End of Facebook Marketing

It is no big deal for me.

I don't use FB to advertise much at all.

Oct 09, 2012 at 12:16 AM
klee.007
• • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · The End of Facebook Marketing

I noticed the same thing you did Tony after posting my last wedding and got a small amount of hits. I sent Facebook a message in hopes that it was a glitch but it makes sense now. I definitely wouldn't be where I'm at now without the power of Facebook and social media...I guess we'll have to come up with new and creative ways to promote ourselves.

Keith

Oct 09, 2012 at 12:43 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · The End of Facebook Marketing

klee.007 wrote:
I definitely wouldn't be where I'm at now without the power of Facebook and social media

So I guess this will be good news for those of us who don't use Facebook and social media; it will help to level the playing field.

Oct 09, 2012 at 02:47 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.