FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Care for 5Dc

Monito
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Care for 5Dc

M Lucca wrote:
Weren't there a recall fix on the shutter a while back? I think Canon still honors it.

No. You are confused. Please read the thread.

Oct 07, 2012 at 05:57 PM
bushwacker
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Care for 5Dc

....BTW does 5Dc have banding issues?

Oct 07, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Care for 5Dc

bushwacker wrote:

Like all cameras, if you look for trouble, you will find it.

It's not a modern camera, but in ordinary use and even stretching it a bit, there is no problem. If you pixel peep and don't use good technique and especially if you underexpose you will be able to find artifacts. It's not a perfect camera. But it does have a reputation for very good image quality and that has been my experience for over six years. It does very well with EttR (Expose to the Right).

So if "banding" is going to hold you back, get some other camera that is current. 98% of 5D classic owners have no trouble making great photographs with that lovely camera that can be had inexpensively for around $800 to 1000.

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:39 AM
mjgphotoz
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Care for 5Dc

The only banding I notice on my 5DC is the leather hand strap connected!
Seriously, I was an early buyer and still have this camera. She had the usual
dust issues at first, but I discovered that once actually clean, this was no longer
an issue. Last year I finally sent her to in for the mirror fix, not because anything
was wrong, but just to avoid damages should something happen. She came back
with a fixed mirror and shinny clean sensor glass! I purchased one of the first 5DIII's
when they became available and am very please with that camera. I use both in my
studio and use a 7D and backup 40D for some applications and each camera has it's
own bag, kit and set up. The MKIII took the 5DC's bag as the new FF Kid, so I had to
purchase a new kit bag. Guess who go the newest bag?? The 5DC is called that
for a reason. The files are beautiful and for landscape, in studio, product, wedding and
other uses she really shines. The 12MP files and their color rendition are still very, very
attractive and enlarge beautifully for print at large sizes. I normally use servo and back
button, center point focus and find her still a much used camera!

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:18 AM
mjgphotoz
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Care for 5Dc

The only banding I notice on my 5DC is the leather hand strap connected!
Seriously, I was an early buyer and still have this camera. She had the usual
dust issues at first, but I discovered that once actually clean, this was no longer
an issue. Last year I finally sent her to in for the mirror fix, not because anything
was wrong, but just to avoid damages should something happen. She came back
with a fixed mirror and shinny clean sensor glass! I purchased one of the first 5DIII's
when they became available and am very please with that camera. I use both in my
studio and use a 7D and backup 40D for some applications and each camera has it's
own bag, kit and set up. The MKIII took the 5DC's bag as the new FF Kid, so I had to
purchase a new kit bag. Guess who go the newest bag? The 5DC is called that
for a reason. The files are beautiful and for landscape, in studio, product, wedding and
other uses she really shines. The 12MP files and their color rendition are still very, very
attractive and enlarge beautifully for print at large sizes. I normally use servo and back
button, center point focus and find her still a much used camera!

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:20 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Care for 5Dc

bushwacker wrote:

If you push shadows, yes a bit. Its more shadow noise, then banding tho. Simply limited DR, learn to work around it.

Pretty much every Canon camera has a bit of banding and some noise in shadows, its simply Canon. You either learn how to deal with it, or buy something else. Its not like theres perfect camera.

And frankly except back LCD and AF, its near perfect camera for photos..

Oct 09, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Care for 5Dc

bushwacker wrote:

If you push shadows at 3200 but otherwise no issue.

Oct 11, 2012 at 08:47 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.