Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · $9,000 Canon 1S Coming Soon?

mttran
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · $9,000 Canon 1S Coming Soon?

After 1Ds2, i won't see myself getting another preminum body. Assumed Canon has broken the low iso barrel on this $9000 body, i am wonder when is that technology be trickled down to lesser series. To protect 1Dx and 5D3, i am afraid of 4 years waitting...

Oct 09, 2012 at 02:46 PM
risedal

p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · $9,000 Canon 1S Coming Soon?

cineski wrote:
From a lot of what I'm hearing from Nikon shooter friends and reading on forums, the D800 leaves a bit to be desired as a functioning camera (albeit with a stellar sensor). The rumored camera, should the rumors be true, would be firmly aimed at the highest end shooters who already shoot medium format. The advantages of a larger sensor aside, $9000 for a really really good full frame 35mm ultra high megapixel camera would be great for those mfd shooters and will hopefully impact medium format enough to start bringing down those insane prices. A lot of those people
...Show more
If you have been shooting with Pentax 645 or Hasselblad + 40Mp digital back the d800 are a wonder of quality/price

Oct 09, 2012 at 02:55 PM
risedal

p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · $9,000 Canon 1S Coming Soon?

Yakim Peled wrote:
A 46MP camera is rumored for ages. Here is one thread.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Let us see the camera first, which sensor line should canon use (180nm)? and how should they get down the read noise and increase DR?
Stitch sensor tech like theirs APS ?

Oct 09, 2012 at 03:02 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · $9,000 Canon 1S Coming Soon?

Retrofocus:
Canon ergonomics, I just don't care for Nikons ergonomics.

I picked up a 100mm AI-S lens like new for $110.00USD. I think I lucked out as I don't see any more of them available lately. It is manual focus but does have auto exposure. Makes a great pano lens in portrait mode. You might check out the ALT Forums if you are interested in a more inexpensive way to get into Nikon's D800. You can use the AI-S series on the D800

Oct 09, 2012 at 03:34 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · $9,000 Canon 1S Coming Soon?

Paul Gardner wrote:
Retrofocus:
Canon ergonomics, I just don't care for Nikons ergonomics.

I picked up a 100mm AI-S lens like new for $110.00USD. I think I lucked out as I don't see any more of them available lately. It is manual focus but does have auto exposure. Makes a great pano lens in portrait mode. You might check out the ALT Forums if you are interested in a more inexpensive way to get into Nikon's D800. You can use the AI-S series on the D800

Thanks, Paul. Yes, the ergonomics of both camera brands are very different (I struggled myself to find buttons and menus when testing for a bit the D800).
I am currently doing okay with both of my 5D IIs since I don't rely on an excellent AF system. Certainly I am not going for the latest models like 5D III or 1Dx (for known reasons in regard to pointless sensor difference to my 5D II). I am continuing a bit to wait and observe the market before making the jump. I am not in a hurry.

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:15 PM
thw2
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · $9,000 Canon 1S Coming Soon?

If you know or remember Paul Pope from DPReview, this well-informed guy has this to say:

"Not the best they could do by any means but rather the best they were permitted to do by the bean counters concerned with wafer yield in their sensor manufacturing...

But don't be too concerned the best Canon CAN do is still to come ..."
- http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/40792377

"I believe Canon's latest sensor technology is going to be showcased later this year. The video camera gives us a hint of what's to come I'm told."
- http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/40800902

"I don't believe its a 5 series camera .... more like a 1DXs type of thing.
I think it shoots video at a bit more then 1080p as well ...."
- http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/40792357

So, we can expect the high megapixel sensor to appear in a 1D body. And if the engineers manage to convince the bean counters they have the yield under control, we may very well see the latest sensor technology from Canon in it.

Oct 10, 2012 at 02:40 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · $9,000 Canon 1S Coming Soon?

risedal wrote:
Let us see the camera first, which sensor line should canon use (180nm)? and how should they get down the read noise and increase DR?
Stitch sensor tech like theirs APS ?

I'm sure all of us would like to see the camera.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Oct 10, 2012 at 05:57 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.