Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

Scott Sewell
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

Shot the annual in-state rivalry between the Kansas Jayhawks and the Kansas State WIldcats in Manhattan, Kan. today. I think I've posted a thread of this game for the last few years, so I figure I'll toss some out there from this year's game.

The seventh-ranked Wildcats won the game, 56-16. And yes, not only am I a proud K-State alum, but my daughter is currently a student there and I'm the band photographer. So, I was happy with the final score but would have been fine with putting 70 points on the board.

Thanks for looking!!

Oct 07, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

A few more.

Oct 07, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Larry Doonan

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

I was the yearbook and newspaper photographer at K State when they built that stadium. Thanks for the memories.

Oct 07, 2012 at 12:32 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

nice set, yes it was a blow out game

Oct 07, 2012 at 05:09 AM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

Wow Larry, you must be OLD!! I'm just kidding with ya. Sounds like we both spent a bit of time in Kedzie Hall during our time there!

I was around when the stadium has been expanded over the years, but I'm a little young to remember when it was built. Check out this link to see the expansion that's being done as we speak. It's gonna be impressive. They're working on it now and it will be ready by the start of the 2013 season.

Always good to find other Wildcats on the forum. Let me know if you make it back for any games. It would be nice to say "hi".

And yes, CW100, it was more of a "beatdown" than a "showdown." But I'm okay with that.

Oct 07, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

Damn, Scott, looks like you know what you're doing with a camera! . Must have been a great day all around. Sweet photos.

Oct 07, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Larry Doonan

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

Long enough to have worked at Kite's when I wasn't shooting.

Oct 07, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Ben Amato
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

Scott: Nice action. #1 is my fav! Colors are nice but #2, 4 & 7 are pretty noisy on my monitor. Thanks for posting.

Ben

Oct 08, 2012 at 10:39 AM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

Hey Scott....am I seeing things or does it look like the Chickenhawk, er I mean Jayhawk, QB is about to cry in photo number 6? Just wondering.....

Glad to see your stuff here -- and knew there had to be at least one band photo in the mix.

Oct 08, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sunflower Showdown - 2012 Version

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Some of that noise might be the combination of ISO1600 combined with fairly heavy crops. The overcast was nice, but it would get darker, then the sun would act like it was going to come out. Back and forth most of the afternoon.

Rick, yea that QB is suppose to be the savior of the Rock Choke nation but he didn't impress me this game (and hasn't yet this season). I wish we'd have put 70 pts on them, but a "W" is what counts. And yes, had to get at least one band photo in the mix.

Oct 08, 2012 at 05:23 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.