Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · RC Planes

futurshox
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · RC Planes

Nice job with these. I've shot models once or twice and they are fast little suckers! Their props spin a lot faster than full-sized ones, too. So you can certainly get away with faster shutter speeds on these, as you have done. Of course if you want more panning effect on the background then those speeds would have to come down.
For full sized planes I usually hover around 1/160 to get decent prop blur. Takeoff/landing shots might come down to 1/80 or 1/120 in order to get a nice background.

Aug 22, 2013 at 04:13 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.2 #2 · RC Planes

For more aviation related photos, tips, and techniques, as well as a friendly place to talk aviation, check out Mustangs, Air to Air. Right now, we are just barely over 3855 pages in length, 77097 posts and 4183415 views. Please feel welcome to visit, post photos and jump in to the discussions. It is found in this very same sub-forum should you wish to look around.

See you there.
Colin

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM
trilce84
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · RC Planes

I wish I go to a show like this. They don't happen around here

Aug 23, 2013 at 06:24 AM
misster
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · RC Planes

Strong series. If you didn't know, there's a dedicated topic for aerial http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/600984.

Aug 23, 2013 at 06:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ssc45
• •
p.2 #5 · RC Planes

Thanks. I have visited the Mustang air to air thread on numerous occasions. I shoot the rc planes faster than the real deal. I am going to the Big Bear airshow in the morning and anticipate shooting around 1/320. It is a bloody shame that the Miramar show has been gutted.

Cheers, Steve

Aug 24, 2013 at 05:24 AM
James McQueen
• • •
p.2 #6 · RC Planes

Awesom images of the R/C models. A hobby I had for many, many years until I got old amd lost my reflexs and eyesight.

- Jim

Aug 26, 2013 at 03:41 PM
ssc45
• •
p.2 #7 · RC Planes

Stopped by the PV airfield and got a few more pics.

Cheers, Steve

Sep 08, 2013 at 04:25 PM
       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password