FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Gunnar Eyewear for editing

midnight917

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Gunnar Eyewear for editing

Hi all, I work for GUNNAR and they do indeed help with eyestrain. If you're looking for glasses that don't affect your ability to see in true color, we do offer a clear lens solution called Crystalline: http://www.gunnars.com/crystalline/. The amber isn't too noticeable though for most people, but for designers and artists we definitely recommend Crystalline. I'd be happy to answer any more questions!

Oct 08, 2012 at 07:30 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Gunnar Eyewear for editing

midnight917 wrote:
Hi all, I work for GUNNAR and they do indeed help with eyestrain. If you're looking for glasses that don't affect your ability to see in true color, we do offer a clear lens solution called Crystalline: http://www.gunnars.com/crystalline/. The amber isn't too noticeable though for most people, but for designers and artists we definitely recommend Crystalline. I'd be happy to answer any more questions!

ill have to check these out. Wanna give me a trial pair to test, review and pimp out

Oct 09, 2012 at 12:02 AM
WalnutPond
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Gunnar Eyewear for editing

You definitely need to every 20-30 min minimum take a break and look at something very distant. Your eyes have to use muscle to focus near field and over time those muscles get strained when constantly under tension, like holding a weight out in front of you, at first it's not so bad but after a few minutes it starts to get painful.

There are programs you can install on your computer to remind you to take breaks, best to look out the window- focus on something far away for several minutes or get up and walk around and make sure to not be looking at things close to you.

And of course a top notch monitor running at NATIVE resolution is key as well.

Eye exam to make sure you don't need a prescription,

But those type of glasses are not going to do anything good.

Oct 09, 2012 at 08:54 AM
midnight917

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Gunnar Eyewear for editing

paparazzinick wrote:
ill have to check these out. Wanna give me a trial pair to test, review and pimp out

That depends on the count of your follower base/klout. If you're interested in seeing if you qualify for a review pair, you can go to www.gunnars.com/sponsorships and someone in PR will get back to you.

Oct 10, 2012 at 05:45 PM
midnight917

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Gunnar Eyewear for editing

WalnutPond wrote:
You definitely need to every 20-30 min minimum take a break and look at something very distant. Your eyes have to use muscle to focus near field and over time those muscles get strained when constantly under tension, like holding a weight out in front of you, at first it's not so bad but after a few minutes it starts to get painful.

There are programs you can install on your computer to remind you to take breaks, best to look out the window- focus on something far away for several minutes or get up and walk around and make sure
...Show more

Very true that your eyes' natural focal point is about 20 feet away, and focusing on a nearby computer for long periods of time is straining on your eye muscles. 1 of the features of gunnars is that they focus the light before reaching your eyes, so that they don't have to work as hard in order to view things up close.

http://www.gunnars.com/technology/lens-geometry-fractyl/

They also have other features like being highly wrapped to trap humidity and prevent dry eyes, anti-glare coatings, etc.

Of course the best solution is to not look at computers at all, but that's not realistic these days.

Oct 10, 2012 at 05:51 PM
WalnutPond
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Gunnar Eyewear for editing

"focus the light before reaching your eyes"

So they're basically a nice pair of reading glasses?

Oct 10, 2012 at 06:06 PM
midnight917

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Gunnar Eyewear for editing

Yes. Well...a nice pair of computer glasses.

Oct 10, 2012 at 06:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.