Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D600 - Surprising capability (to me)

Jack OBrien
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D600 - Surprising capability (to me)

Forgive me for being giddy, but I have tried this shot so many times and failed because I would lose the light. When I began my wait for this train, the sun was just below the horizon. By the time he came, well, it was dark. Coming from a D2x, I really didn't know what to expect, so I went to HI 1 on the ISO, which I believe is ISO 12,800.

I took this shot with a D600 and Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 HSM OS.
I was amazed that continuous focus actually continued focusing.
The other thing is, I didn't realize that I could shoot continuously in RAW with the D600. 18 shots following the train through the curve, never slowed down. The train is coming to me at 50MPH.
I'm impressed. Having the ability to even snap a photo, well, it's just kind of incredible to me.

http://www.jackobrienphoto.com/share/_DSC0479_20121004_192540.jpg

Oct 04, 2012 at 08:21 PM
Avi B
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D600 - Surprising capability (to me)

Jack that is quite a dramatic shot! Love the comp, the light, and the flare too.

Are you secretly working for Nikon or something? Coz I bought my 17-55 thanks to your posts, roughly 6 years ago...

Now, I shall not cave this time!

But seriously, good job and I guess you found a worthy successor to your D2X

Oct 04, 2012 at 08:24 PM
Jack OBrien
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D600 - Surprising capability (to me)

Avi B wrote:
Jack that is quite a dramatic shot! Love the comp, the light, and the flare too.

Are you secretly working for Nikon or something? Coz I bought my 17-55 thanks to your posts, roughly 6 years ago...

Now, I shall not cave this time!

But seriously, good job and I guess you found a worthy successor to your D2X

Thanks so much Avi! The 17-55 is a sick lens, I've loved it from the beginning and it's still on the D7000, I use it religiously when shooting events. I'm using primes on the D600 (35, 50 and 85).

Oct 04, 2012 at 08:32 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D600 - Surprising capability (to me)

Hey Jack,

What a cool shot! I like how well the camera worked for you in those conditions. I was thinking on getting one as a backup to my D800. Your comments have helped.

Jim

Oct 05, 2012 at 02:29 AM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D600 - Surprising capability (to me)

I gotta say it again... it's great having you posting up these great train images again Jack. Really missed these... keep 'em coming!

Oct 05, 2012 at 08:26 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.