Upload & Sell: Off
Are there collectors ? You bet, every bit as much as there are those who see the camera as nothing more than a fashion accessory. However, are those type of folks really hanging around enthusiast camera forums on the internet ? With the exception of Seal, no, no they are not.
Look at the images in the Leica thread on this forum, by and by, about 90% or more are quite good.
Take a look at the typical Canon or Nikon image thread though and its more like the inverse, maybe 10% are good and the other 90% are nothing special. Now that isn't to knock people's images, I'm sure to them they are nice, but I think there is a lot less attention to focal length, processing, composition etc in the average hobbyist DSLR shooters shooting style.
You see a mom walking around the zoo with 2 kids and a Canon Rebel around here neck, the images she post, if she post, are probably not going to be too special unless you know the kids.
See another parent with a M9 around their neck and I'd wager that said parent, while still capturing images of his children, is thinking about what he is doing far more, and when he comes home I'm sure he's opening up Silver EFX2 and editing on his calibrated monitor etc.
If you just want to take snapshots you probably don't buy a manual RF camera. You have to really love the process of photography, not just snapping pictures
I don't think the average Leica shot bears evidence of more skill than the average Canon or Nikon shot. Sure, there are capable photographers who use Leica, but they are counterbalanced by a large number of collectors and people who just like expensive toys.