Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · PayPal e-mails

Tim Adams
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · PayPal e-mails

I keep getting e-mails from PayPal that I need to add a back up payment source for my $9 a month fee I pay to be able to upload and use the Buy/Sell board. My funding source is my bank acount!! I suspect this is a fraud e-mail, but just alerting people. I'm not adding a credit card to be a backup fund for my $9 a month. I'm not that stupid.

Oct 04, 2012 at 10:15 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #2 · PayPal e-mails

PayPal likes having a backup source in case there are no funds in the primary source, nothing to worry about.

Oct 04, 2012 at 12:01 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · PayPal e-mails

The only time to get really worried about an email from PayPal, eBay, or the like is when they attach a link for you to login with. Using that link would be a bad thing to do!

P.S. this wasn't prompted by the OP question, it's simply 'an advisory' for those not in the know.

Oct 04, 2012 at 01:20 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.1 #4 · PayPal e-mails

jcolwell wrote:
The only time to get really worried about an email from PayPal, eBay, or the like is when they attach a link for you to login with. Using that link would be a bad thing to do!

P.S. this wasn't prompted by the OP question, it's simply 'an advisory' for those not in the know.

There is a link in the e-mail, and PayPal already has a number of my credit cards on file. They don't need more.

Oct 04, 2012 at 01:36 PM
eos-m42guy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · PayPal e-mails

Were the emails addressed directly to you as in "Dear Tim Adams"? If not, then they are not from PayPal.

Oct 04, 2012 at 05:08 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password