Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · It's Snowing!!! :(

LightShow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · It's Snowing!!! :(

This year has been odd, a late spring, a short summer, and now it looks like fall/Autumn is over a month early, the first snow doesn't usually start till near Halloween....
Soo depressing. I still had a few fall shots I wanted to do, I hope the leaves don't all fall off now.

Oct 03, 2012 at 02:48 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · It's Snowing!!! :(

Well, at least you had your 4 seasons. Around here, it's hot, rainy, or hot and rainy

Oct 03, 2012 at 02:53 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · It's Snowing!!! :(

LightShow wrote:
This year has been odd, a late spring, a short summer, and now it looks like fall/Autumn is over a month early, the first snow doesn't usually start till near Halloween....
Soo depressing. I still had a few fall shots I wanted to do, I hope the leaves don't all fall off now.

Ugh, I'm jealous. Despite enjoying cool/cold weather, I live in Los Angeles, and it was over 100 degrees F today. Summer won't go away here!

Oct 03, 2012 at 02:54 AM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · It's Snowing!!! :(

I used to enjoy winter as a kid, now, not so much, it's now just the gap between the seasons I do like.

Oct 03, 2012 at 03:00 AM
mco_970
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · It's Snowing!!! :(

I am so sorry. Head south, and when it snows here, we'll head for Tuscon (Arizona). I flipping get tired of plowing snow...

Oct 03, 2012 at 03:32 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · It's Snowing!!! :(

I love winter in the Denver area. The first few snows, anyway. By the time we get to the April blizzard, I'm pretty much over it.

Oct 03, 2012 at 04:01 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · It's Snowing!!! :(

That is what used to be so fun about living in Denver. You could have an 80 degree sunny day and next thing you know 2 feet of snow on the ground followed by the next day back to 80 and sunny. Keeps you on your toes

Those 100mph windstorms were always interesting too!

Oct 03, 2012 at 04:10 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · It's Snowing!!! :(

Ah, yes, the wind. A friend of mine moved from San Jose to the foothills, close the Flatirons and El Dorado, and the very first contact she had with her neighbors was while she was retrieving her lawn furniture from their yards. After doing that a few times, she gave up and put it all in the garage, to be taken out when needed.

Oct 03, 2012 at 04:27 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · It's Snowing!!! :(

hmm, today was the hottest day i've ever experienced in san francisco. made me wish i had air conditioning (only time that's ever happened here). we don't have any seasons here though. i kinda miss chicago winters (but not the summers).

Oct 03, 2012 at 04:29 AM
thedigitalbean
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · It's Snowing!!! :(

Wow. I grew up in Alberta and I remember we always had one major storm just before Halloween but this is quite early.

In contrast, it was over 35 degrees C here in the bay area, also very unusual this late in the fall.

Oct 03, 2012 at 04:31 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · It's Snowing!!! :(

Way to go lightshow! You made me look out the window and indeed there is snow in Calgary....

Oct 03, 2012 at 04:36 AM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · It's Snowing!!! :(

I'm sorry Gary, at least the weekend will be nice.

Oct 03, 2012 at 06:08 AM
pingflood
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · It's Snowing!!! :(

Wow, we have not even hit freezing temps in Sweden yet (except for the far north). Though to be honest, I would trade the constant rain for the past weeks for a foot or two of snow on the ground.

Oct 03, 2012 at 06:59 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · It's Snowing!!! :(

Feeling autumnal here in the uk, we seldom get snow, and when we do get it everything grinds to a halt.

Oct 03, 2012 at 07:44 AM
michaelwatkins
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · It's Snowing!!! :(

While Calgary has snow oddly early, just to the west over the Rocky Mountains Vancouver has had a very unusual run of dry, mostly sunny every day, weather.

While it makes no sense to expect weather retribution, I can not shake the feeling that we will pay dearly with a gloomier and wetter winter than usual.

Oct 03, 2012 at 09:08 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · It's Snowing!!! :(

You should all move to Berlin, the weather here is variable enough to stay interesting, i.e. shorts weather in the summer and snow in the winter, but not crazy extreme We could have some great alt meet-ups.

Oct 03, 2012 at 09:11 AM
ukkisavosta
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · It's Snowing!!! :(

Snow in Calgary? Wow. To echo pingflood, we haven't reached freezing temps in Finland yet, either.

Berlin would be nice weather-wise. I really need to catch one of the Berlin meets sometime.

Jaakko

Oct 03, 2012 at 09:27 AM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · It's Snowing!!! :(

Here in Minneapolis we will have our first freezing temperatures later this week. It's been beautiful and in the 70s during the day but that's all going to change. Saturday's high will only be in the mid 40s. But no forecast for snow . . . just yet!

Oct 03, 2012 at 09:41 AM
Phillip Reeve
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · It's Snowing!!! :(

I find it really interesting to see the diversity of climates all the ALT-guys live in, but why aren't there any pictures in this thread?
Western Germany this monday:

Oct 03, 2012 at 09:55 AM
pingflood
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · It's Snowing!!! :(

carstenw wrote:
You should all move to Berlin, the weather here is variable enough to stay interesting, i.e. shorts weather in the summer and snow in the winter, but not crazy extreme We could have some great alt meet-ups.

I like what little I've seen of Germany so far, but I work in IT and it appears I would need about three Ph.Ds to get a job there

Oct 03, 2012 at 10:45 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password