New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Kilimanjaro - Feel Good Story

msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kilimanjaro - Feel Good Story

I know on its face, this post looks like it doesn't belong on this board. But 5 years ago (Aug 25, 2007 to be exact), Photonic asked a question about what gear to bring on a climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro. He included this explanation:

I am making this climb with my 13-year old son as a coming of age adventure. He was born with one leg so this is going to be a great challenge. He has turned this rite of passage into a fund raising event and has already raised $20,000 which will be used to provide free wheelchairs to the disabled of Tanzania. If you would like to learn more about our adventure follow this Link to Kilimanjaro Climb [now broken] and click on the various links to media coverage and my son's letter to the Free Wheelchair Mission. We leave this afternoon and I will post some shots (hopefully) from the Roof of Africa when we return in 2 weeks.

Fast forward to now. Many of you have probably seen this video of a HS soccer player with one leg scoring a goal. Over 1 million YouTube hits, and an ESPN highlight:

Boston Globe Story

Same kid!

Mark

Edited on Oct 01, 2012 at 11:02 PM · View previous versions

Oct 01, 2012 at 09:19 PM
vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kilimanjaro - Feel Good Story

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Oct 01, 2012 at 09:27 PM
Scrappin4utx

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kilimanjaro - Feel Good Story

Mark,

Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story...too many stories on the news these days that show the dark side of people. You have shared a story of someone we can all look up to. The kid certainly hasn't let obstacles slow him down....neither should any of us.

Oct 01, 2012 at 10:15 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.