Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · I need of a Working Bag

RJKphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I need of a Working Bag

I used the Domke F2 for 20 years, but they aren't the same now that Tiffen owns them, and I'd like a similar bag that can hold a D3s with a 70-200 or 24-70 attached. I have a ThinkTank retrospective 20, it's stiff as a board, and the body just doesn't seems to fit/sit well in this bag, no matter what lens is attached. Are there any real alternatives to the F2 or the TT retros?
If you have an F2 set up in some kind of custom configuration so that you can fit a pro body with a 70-200 attached, please show me how you do it (and I will start my search for mint older F2!)

Oct 02, 2012 at 01:25 AM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I need of a Working Bag

I own a number of bags including the Domke f2. My favorite bag and biggest bang for the buck is the eBay version of the Domke. The safrotto bag comes with a better insert and Dan hold a pro body with 70-200 attached along with three other lenses and 2 flashes. Great bag for under $100.00.

Oct 02, 2012 at 01:40 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I need of a Working Bag

I still use an F2 from 30+ yrs ago but recently picked up an F-1X, same style just a bit bigger all around. I take 2 2pocket padded inserts and put one on each side, then pack it as follows...

back left - 300
front left - 28 & 50 (a large micro fiber cloth folded in 4s, to separate the lenses)
middle - a gripped 40D, 50D or EOS-3 with 24-85
back right - 100mac & 1.4x T/C (a large micro fiber cloth folded in 4s, to separate the lenses)
front right - 70-200

All four pockets, side and front, are empty and are big enough for a gripped body, and whatever gear you might need to pack. If you don't carry many lenses, only put one insert in the bag; at one end, it leaves an even larger middle area that should hold body w/70-200, hood reversed.

Here's a link to the F-1X, I picked up a used one awhile back and love it; kinda hooked on Domke
http://www.tiffen.com/domke_f1x_virtual_tour.html
Here's a link to the F-1Xs inserts, I use all 3 pictured in different configurations depending on my lens count.
http://www.tiffen.com/displayproduct.html?tablename=domke&itemnum=720-226

Hope you find what you need...
Jerry

Oct 02, 2012 at 02:02 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password