Upload & Sell: On
That's the DuSable Bridge.
In 1928 sculptures depicting scenes from Chicago's history were added to the outward-facing walls of the four bridgehouses.
The sculptures on the northern bridgehouses were commissioned by William Wrigley, Jr., and are by James Earle Fraser: The Discoverers depicts Louis Joliet, Jacques Marquette, René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle and Henri de Tonti; The Pioneers depicts John Kinzie leading a group through the wilderness. The sculptures on the southern bridgehouses were commissioned by the B. F. Ferguson Monument Fund, and are by Henry Hering: Defense depicts a scene from the 1812 Battle of Fort Dearborn; Regeneration depicts workers rebuilding Chicago after the Great Chicago Fire of 1871