New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon Hand Strap E2

satoru
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Hand Strap E2

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new hand strap E2. Just purchased one for my 1Dx ($59) and found the "knob" at the bottom kinda strange. I guess I could remove it and just use without but...(trying to justify price)

Oct 01, 2012 at 02:04 AM
parquin

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Hand Strap E2

I had the old one on my mkIV and added the E2 to the 1Dx.

It is intended that you remove the knob and use the attachment on the 1Dx.

I really like the strap on the mkIV but on the 1Dx I've yet to find a good hand positioning that lets me comfortably reach all the controls

Oct 01, 2012 at 07:26 AM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Hand Strap E2

I didn't know they have a new hand strap. I didn't get the E1 because I had to buy a battery grip which I don't need. This will come in handy when shooting macro with a heavy setup. Thanks for the thread!!

Oct 01, 2012 at 08:27 AM
Deanh
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Hand Strap E2

The knob is included for those without a pro body or battery grip.

Oct 01, 2012 at 08:41 AM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Hand Strap E2

I don't get that, why doesn't Canon just add an extra anchor point at the bottom of their cameras for straps?

Oct 01, 2012 at 08:48 AM
kodakeos
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Hand Strap E2

I took it off of my wifes, and used the mounting plate (Markins) that has the handstrap loop. Personally i love my old E1 better.

Oct 01, 2012 at 01:46 PM
parquin

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Hand Strap E2

n0b0 wrote:
I don't get that, why doesn't Canon just add an extra anchor point at the bottom of their cameras for straps?

They do. I assume, however, that It is not practical when the battery door is below the grip. It seems that it was easier to update the strap.

I also prefer how the new strap adjusts.

Oct 01, 2012 at 02:40 PM
dwweiche
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon Hand Strap E2

I have an after market hand strap on my 1D3. My hands are large size. My biggest issue is if I tighten the strap such that the camera feels secure, my fingers extend well past the most frequently used buttons, and it takes some uncomfortable contortion to fire the shutter. To get my fingers in a good spot, I need to loosen the strap and I lose the support I want, defeating the purpose.

For those of you with large mitts, does the newer Canon strap improve on this?

Oct 01, 2012 at 08:11 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon Hand Strap E2

Isn't $ 59 an expensive price? In Europe it cost about 25 euro

Oct 02, 2012 at 12:24 AM
stanj
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon Hand Strap E2

In my book, the E2 is hugely inferior to the E1. The E2 has this huge bulge on the side where your wrist is, it's incredibly annoying. Yes it's easier for first time setup, but you do that once. I was kicking myself for selling my 1Ds3 with the E1 attached.

Then I went looking for new E1s on eBay. They are all knock-offs, but worse, most of them are bad - they are too short, you actually can't wrap them around your wrist. By trial and error I ended up buying E1s from various sellers, until I found one that fit perfectly - and then I bought 4 more of them for the future, just in case

This is the strap that has the right length and fits very nicely.

Oct 02, 2012 at 01:03 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon Hand Strap E2

I have two E1 handstraps going back to the mid and late 1990s. I thought they were leather, but they are leather and plastic hybrids: leather inside (where it touches the back of your hand) and plastic "leatherette" on the outside. Most of the outside plastic on my older E1 have flaked off and are no longer useable. I bought a couple actual leather handstraps from Camadapter and they are much better made and more attractive. Hopefully the new E2 is the real deal and not plastic backed leather.

Oct 02, 2012 at 03:28 AM
satoru
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon Hand Strap E2

I guess i could remove knob mount and use like E1

Need to wait and see if my RRS L bracket ever comes in

Oct 03, 2012 at 05:33 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.