Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       end

Archive 2012 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

cyra
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

philber, I am sure you won't remain lonely for long

I edited the list and filled in all the interested people from the thread, and incorporated alundebs earlier list.

It is now up to everybody to put themself in the right category and fill in details about what they plan, when and with how many people they want to participate. Some might book their own car and accomodation, this should be noted.

You and Anders may want to edit information you get directly from people.
Thanks for taking the initiative to join the organizing commite!

Mar 16, 2013 at 08:23 PM
cyra
• • •
p.8 #2 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

please fill in (or correct), I hope I didn't miss anyone.

your time window/ the number of days you wish to spend / the number of people if more then just yourself / other comments on acommodation or booking of own car

COMMITED:

philber: 14-24.8. / 7-8 days
bobu: 14-24.8. / 10 days / family trip - own car, only 2-3 days with the group

--
WILL BE AROUND anyway - what are the possibilities to spend time with the group? Do you bring your own car?

hauxon:
kiddik:

--
HIGHLY INTERESTED, but not ready to book

alundeb:
Taylor: / / number of people: 2
cyra: August / 10-18 d /
jcolwell: August
Andrew Gough: can't confirm until July
MichaD: August? / 10 days min/ alone or with non-photography pal/might get own accomodation and car

--
INTERESTED (names of interested people from the thread) please edit and move your name to a different category

pingflood
mhespenheide
Xavier Rival
rji2goleez
snowboarder
JonasY:
wfrank:
Snopchenko: / / 2 people?
jcolwell:
ken.vs.ryu:
lenticular11:
Aaron Huang
harvey steves
kosmoskattan:
Xtobolic
Joseph Marney
lenticular:
uintangler:
jotdeh: July, August / /
Wayne Seltzer: / /

--
I have been interested, but now CAN'T COME for sure, maybe 2014

Jochenb
carstenw
bpark42

Edited on Mar 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM · View previous versions

Mar 16, 2013 at 08:25 PM
MichaD
• •
p.8 #3 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

Will have to check on the exact date at work next week but I think it should be ok. 10 days would be a minimum for me as well. Alone or with a non-photography pal.
Sorry for being absent from this thread for so long. I'm still committed to this just a bit overwhelmed with work atm.

edit:
Not sure on car and accommodation yet, but certainly not opposed to getting those myself.

Mar 16, 2013 at 08:36 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #4 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

I'm still interested. I can fly to Reykjavik and return for $900.

How much do you estimate hotel, food, can and petrol would cost per person, for ten days?

Mar 16, 2013 at 08:55 PM
Bobu
• • •
p.8 #5 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

jcolwell wrote:
I'm still interested. I can fly to Reykjavik and return for $900.

How much do you estimate hotel, food, can and petrol would cost per person, for ten days?

Hotel and rental car are expensive in Iceland. Hotel will cost 100-200 per night for a double room and rental car between 2000 (Suzuki, RAV4) and 5000 (Landcruiser, Defender) for 10 days.
Food and petrol cost the same as in central Europe.

A very efficient way to reduce the travel costs in Iceland is to stay in a tent on a campground instead of staying in a hotel. There are campgrounds everywhere and they are cheap.

Boris

Mar 16, 2013 at 09:20 PM
Andrew Gough
• • • •
p.8 #6 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

Please put me in the highly Interested, but not ready to book. I will not be able to confirm until July.

Andrew

Mar 16, 2013 at 09:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lenticular11
• • •
p.8 #7 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

cyra wrote:
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

please fill in (or correct), I hope I didn't miss anyone.

your time window/ the number of days you wish to spend / the number of people if more then just yourself / other comments on acommodation or booking of own car

COMMITED:

philber: 14-24.8. / 7-8 days
bobu: 14-24.8. / 10 days / family trip - own car, only 2-3 days with the group

--
WILL BE AROUND anyway - what are the possibilities to spend time with the group? Do you bring your own car?

hauxon:
kiddik:

--
HIGHLY INTERESTED, but not ready to book

alundeb:
Taylor: / / number of people: 2
cyra: August
...Show more

Liste updated. I honeymooned in Iceland in mid January this year, so a return is out of the question before 2014 at the earliest - it's a truly fantastic place to visit - highly receomended in every way (although guaranteed sightings of the Aurora Borealis in January would make it even better )

Westmann Islands close to sunset. Contax N 24-85 on 5D Mk III

Mar 17, 2013 at 01:53 AM
alundeb
• • • •
p.8 #8 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

Thanks a lot for action, updates, and images :-)

It is difficult for me to do much planning and organizing these days because I am in South Korea on a business assignments that demands almost all the time and energy I have. I don't even have time to post images, just barely to take some snapshots :-)

I commit for going in august, but I cant' say for how many days yet.

Mar 18, 2013 at 01:36 PM
Aaron_Huang

p.8 #9 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

Hi guys,

I'm committed and will be in Iceland from around 25th July to 8th August, driving around the country. Will be planning to rent a camper car so I can sleep during the day and shoot during the golden hours at night. I know not everyone will be up for this kind of hard-core shooting but I'm very dedicated to getting the best I can get. Please let me know if you're interested ASAP because cars are getting booked out fast and accommodation is long booked out ages ago for summer...If we wait until April or May, it may be too late. So please PM me if interested or post here.

I'm thinking of renting a normal camper to drive around the ring road first because it's cheaper, then rent a 4x4 or join a photography tour for 2-3 days to the highland areas. Is there anyone interested in going to the highlands for 2-3 days from either 25th to 27th July or 6th to 8th August? This is probably more realistic than joining me for 10+ days sleeping in day and shooting in night. Here's a good photo tour and price can be shared:

http://icelandaurora.com/tours/

Here's some of my photos from last September from that tour:

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=1045676

Aaron

Mar 24, 2013 at 01:40 PM
hauxon
• • •
p.8 #10 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

It's expensive to stay at a hotel in Iceland during the high tourist season but there are other possibilities, like sleeping bag accommodation, cabins, camping etc.

The Icelandic Tourist Board runs a wibsite which holds lots of useful info about planning a trip to Iceland.
http://www.visiticeland.com/

There are also a cheaper car rental company here that has older cars (but fully functioning) available for lower prices.
http://www.cheapjeep.is
http://www.sadcars.com/is

Hrannar

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Xavier Rival
• • • •
p.8 #11 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

It seems it will be hard to do this summer. I wish I could join, but there is a 90% chance that this will just be impossible to me this year, and that I fall in the "I hope for 2014" category...

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.8 #12 · Iceland Alt Photo Meet 2013

You'll have to move me to the bottom of the list,

I have been interested, but now CAN'T COME for sure, maybe 2014 .

I'm already comitted to a photo trip in Labrador in September and will probably go to Utah this summer (as usual). Unfortunately, there's no way I can manage a third trip between July and October. I'll start saving for next year.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password