p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Shot my first wedding with m43 - thoughts/photos

Your shots are great! Cool FE shots.

Sep 30, 2012 at 03:04 PM
cputeq
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Shot my first wedding with m43 - thoughts/photos

najibs wrote:
Your shots look good, but a tad blurry. Did you apply too much NR maybe? Did you shoot in RAW and convert to JPEG or were they SOOC JPEGs?

I wonder how the GH3 will perorm compared to the OMD!?

Yeah najibs on a lot of the shots I used "Glamour Glow" filter out of Color Efex. I mostly dial down the setting pretty low, but it does a good job of softening light.

What you're noticing (except for the 12800 shots) is that filter. I probably should start dialing it down even more, just to add a touch of selected softness to the light (sorta like Lightroom's -Clarity but much better than that effect)

On the 12800 shots that's just heavy NR you're seeing. I didn't do any selective NR on those shots.

Sep 30, 2012 at 03:04 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Shot my first wedding with m43 - thoughts/photos

Lovely shots, lots of feel to them. What bothers me is that the style between shots differs so much, and a side note would be the aspect ratio seem a bit random. For wedding I would expect one style, and then perhaps BW versions for a few of them.

This does not take away the value of each shot, because all of them are nice and some really good IMO. I would not go manual for wedding except for some planned portraits. After all, it supposed to be a production.

Thanks for sharing!

Sep 30, 2012 at 05:13 PM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Shot my first wedding with m43 - thoughts/photos

wfrank wrote:
Lovely shots, lots of feel to them. What bothers me is that the style between shots differs so much, and a side note would be the aspect ratio seem a bit random. For wedding I would expect one style, and then perhaps BW versions for a few of them.

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah I got to use plenty of "artistic license" since i am free and family, so I experimented with some of the looks. The aspect ratios are purely cropped to composition, not paper sizes (one of the few things I completely agree with that the guys at Luminous Landscape advocate). I am sure I wouldnt go that crazy for a real client, but since I am family, they can ask me for any ratio crop if they decide to print. Thanks for looking.

Sep 30, 2012 at 09:05 PM
James10013
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Shot my first wedding with m43 - thoughts/photos

Here's a link to a user review shooting a wedding with an E-PL5, and some of the same lenses: different lighting conditions, and a different experience.
http://robinwong.blogspot.it/2012/09/olympus-pen-e-pl5-review-nigel-kel-lis.html

Oct 01, 2012 at 05:54 AM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Shot my first wedding with m43 - thoughts/photos

James10013 wrote:
Here's a link to a user review shooting a wedding with an E-PL5, and some of the same lenses: different lighting conditions, and a different experience.
http://robinwong.blogspot.it/2012/09/olympus-pen-e-pl5-review-nigel-kel-lis.html

Yeah not directly comparable but nice to know he liked the performance.

Also a small note, we're talking Robin Wong here. Certainly talented, but he's almost the Steve Huff of the Olympus world. Take that for what it's worth

Oct 01, 2012 at 11:13 AM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Shot my first wedding with m43 - thoughts/photos

cputeq wrote:
Yeah not directly comparable but nice to know he liked the performance.

Also a small note, we're talking Robin Wong here. Certainly talented, but he's almost the Steve Huff of the Olympus world. Take that for what it's worth

lol yup, couldn't have said it better.

Of the photobloggers my favorites are Ming Thein, DigiLloyd and ByThom. They're talented and focus in on things that concern me. I also find that they're most consistent on methodology and just understand digital better as well as the relevance of certain new features to an advanced amateur.

I think those 3 are more relavent now than LL and Mike Johnston (on Online Photographer).

Oct 01, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Ozimax

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Shot my first wedding with m43 - thoughts/photos

Just read through your post. Some great photos indeed.

I shot my last wedding in September, using canon 50d & om-d. Both worked well but definitely was easier and faster with the Dslr & 24-105.

Best keepers from the day were from the Canon, but the om-d was no slouch, especially with the 45/75 primes attached.

Regards from Oz.

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:06 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.