Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Russ Isabella
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

My first time shooting at Lavell Edwards Stadium in Provo, Utah. Incredibly boring game (unless you're of the BYU faithful) with BYU winning 47-0. Here are a few shots, all with a 1DIV except for the first and last, which were with a 1DMKIIN. C&C welcome.

7. Freshman quarterback Taysom Hill kicks it into gear for a 68-yard touchdown run.

8. Well, she wasn't bored.

Sep 29, 2012 at 04:23 PM
Ralph Thompson
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Ya know Russ, I watched some of this game and wondered, "Where's Russ?" Nice set... Any word on how the two Hawaii players are that got hurt in the 1st quarter?

Sep 29, 2012 at 05:16 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Thanks, Ralph. The only info I could find on the two injured players is that neck x-rays were negative for both, which is great news.

Sep 29, 2012 at 05:36 PM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Great set... and again I come away saying that stadium panorama makes me wish I had that setting to shoot everyday. Great series all through.

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Hey thanks, dj. I appreciate your comments, and it's good to see your rampage through the forum. I hope you're hanging in. I'm thinking I saw you post something about shooting hockey. Is that coming up for you?

Sep 30, 2012 at 02:06 AM
Fish On
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Nice set of pics, Russ.

The 2N still rocks which is why I still haven't gotten rid of it.

Sep 30, 2012 at 02:55 AM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Russ Isabella wrote:
Hey thanks, dj. I appreciate your comments, and it's good to see your rampage through the forum. I hope you're hanging in. I'm thinking I saw you post something about shooting hockey. Is that coming up for you?

Yeah I've got a few hockey opportunities coming up, but have to hold off till I get the bulk of my College athletics contract games done. There isn't enough hours in the day sometimes... so I take a break to rampage the forum now and then.

CHEERS!

Sep 30, 2012 at 03:07 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

nice set

47 to 0 !!

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Russ you took a boring game and turned it interesting with your images. I like 2, 3 &4 and on the pano shot.....SWEET. When I was flying out to Cali 2 weeks ago to visit my son, I was seeing some pretty interesting mountains and rock formations out in the mid west somewhere and my thought went to you thinking you could probably have a field day with them as a BG in your WA sports pano's.

Nice work
Frank

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Nice shots Russ! 5 is for sure my favorite.

Sep 30, 2012 at 02:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ben Amato
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

SWEET as usual! Really like #1 & 2. The player in #2 could use a little more tape on that right arm. I still love my Mklln for outdoor sports. I think it focuses as quick & nice as any camera I've ever used outside. If I tried a shot like #4, I would probably have a Costco as the background. Thanks again for posting and all the time you take to help others.

Sep 30, 2012 at 03:40 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Thanks, Jerry. Agreed: The 2N continues to impress. The user interface feels a bit aged, but performance keeps it in the game.

dj: Good luck with the contractual obligations. I look forward to seeing your work.

Thanks, CW. Yeah, 47-0. We were wishing we could change the channel to another game.

Sep 30, 2012 at 05:37 PM
mmcatee
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

#1 and #5 are my fav action shots what a beautiful location for a stadium. Great series as alwyas

Sep 30, 2012 at 06:40 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Frank: Thanks for your comments. No doubt I'm working with some great settings. Good for me to remind myself of that on occasion.

Thanks, Caleb. As you can see, that one was coming right at me.

Ben: Costco, that's good. I can see how that might affect the shot. I haven't shot in very many different stadiums, but I do make the effort to find the highest spot from which to get a 'general view' as it's referred to in the captions. This time around, I sought and was granted permission to go onto the roof and take photos from one of three small sheltered areas, this one being used for team video. Thanks for your feedback.

Oct 01, 2012 at 03:45 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Some great shots, like the light on the players face in #1, too bad that hand got stuck in there. But like all of your shots, crisp and great action. 2, 3 and the stadium are my favorites.

Have a great day

Oct 01, 2012 at 04:16 PM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Russ Isabella wrote:
Thanks, Caleb. As you can see, that one was coming right at me.

That made me think of Jimbo on South Park yelling "It's coming right for us" and proceeding to blast away with a variety of firearms. In your case, you're blasting away with a variety of lenses.

Oct 02, 2012 at 03:31 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Love #2 Russ, again love the intensity in the eyes. Great set of shots!!!
Bob

Oct 02, 2012 at 07:04 PM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Great set, Russ. 1, 2 & 3 jump right off the screen.

Bill

Oct 02, 2012 at 08:02 PM
ChrisFWilson
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Great set as usual Russ. My only issue is with #5 - the back of the BYU kid being OOF is distracting. I think it's because of depth of field issues, but of all the photos I'd lose that one despite the great timing. Or maybe with the tack sharp portion being the Hawaii kid you might consider cropping to his face so that the tack sharp portion of the image is centered. Then again maybe not...it's odd - is it just me or is the BYU kid's left foot tack sharp? And if it is, shouldn't the helmet and back be?

Oct 04, 2012 at 01:28 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Hawaii at BYU: NCAA Football

Thanks, Mike!

MakoShark: Thanks for your feedback.

Bob: Thanks for commenting. I'd love to know how that 1Dx is treating you.

Thank you, Bill. Glad you liked them.

Chris: I agree with you about #5. It looks to me like the ball is sharpest. I think cropping in any way that removes the receiver's feet would further diminish the shot, so for me, either it works as is (mixed views on this, but I do see the problems) or the shot goes in the can. I appreciate your feedback.

Oct 04, 2012 at 03:42 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password