Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · New D7000 ?

blutch
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · New D7000 ?

I got a great deal in the B&S on a new D7000. I am shocked by the IQ of the images coming out of this camera in low light, which is why I got it. My other camera is a D300s. I miss the layout, but am learning the new controls.

I'm really bugged that I can't set the OK button to zoom in 100%. Is there any way to program ANY button to do this with one click? If not, how many clicks with the magnify button does it take to get to 100%?

Thanks
B

Sep 29, 2012 at 01:42 PM
stompyq
• • • •
p.1 #2 · New D7000 ?

Can't help you since I just bought one yesterday myself. Finally upgraded from my D200 so looking forward to learning the camera

Sep 29, 2012 at 01:52 PM
penpro
• • •
p.1 #3 · New D7000 ?

Not sure that I have found a way to zoom into 100% with one click. Would be nice if there was a way. My guess is about 6 pushes of the + button gets you to 100%.

Sep 29, 2012 at 02:50 PM
Gregstx
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · New D7000 ?

I think someone commented on this same issue the other day and the opinion was that you could not 1 click to 100% zoom.

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM
sanjayg
• • •
p.1 #5 · New D7000 ?

penpro is right - it takes 6 clicks to zoom in 100% - 8 is the max, so if you get to Max, back out two clicks

I know what you mean - I loved this feature on my D700 and D300s and miss it oh so bad on the D7k.

Oct 05, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

workerdrone
• • •
p.1 #6 · New D7000 ?

If only photographers had the supergeeks to the rescue like you have with cellphones and tablets and such - where no sooner does the manufacturer release new firmware then they have it hacked to have extra features and do what they want...

Oct 05, 2012 at 11:37 AM
GC5
• • • •
p.1 #7 · New D7000 ?

workerdrone wrote:
If only photographers had the supergeeks to the rescue like you have with cellphones and tablets and such - where no sooner does the manufacturer release new firmware then they have it hacked to have extra features and do what they want...

They do: Nikon Hacker, Magic Lantern and CHDK

Oct 05, 2012 at 03:49 PM
penpro
• • •
p.1 #8 · New D7000 ?

How much do you trust hacked firmware with your camera? And is rolling back easy to do if it messing with something?

Oct 05, 2012 at 05:26 PM
GC5
• • • •
p.1 #9 · New D7000 ?

I don't know on Nikon. Magic Lantern and CHDK are incredibly easy. While they won't guaranty that it won't break your camera, I'm not aware of it ever doing so because it doesn't replace the Canon firmware, but runs on top of it.

Oct 05, 2012 at 05:32 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #10 · New D7000 ?

I would seriously try this hack if I knew it was reliable and would give me 100% crop on the OK button. Does it do a bunch of other stuff too? I really only want this one feature. Can someone who has done this advise?

Oct 06, 2012 at 02:44 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password