Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Digital picture frame

DaveOls
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Digital picture frame

I bought my wife's mother a digital picture frame last year and loaded a lot of images of our new grandson on an SD card for it.
The other day I bought another Sandisk SD card and have loaded a lot of images of old slides taken about 30 years ago. They are of my son when he was very young. I went into my folders in the computer and individually picked out images and dragged and dropped them into the new card. I had to open new folders on this card after about every 40 or so images. The card is an 8GB Class 4 SDHC card if it makes any difference. I believe the first card was a 2 GB Sandisk SD card.
My question is, will the digital picture frame cycle through all 3 of the folders or only stay in one folder only?
Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, it just seemed to be the closest sounding.
Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Sep 29, 2012 at 07:44 AM
vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Digital picture frame

Depends on the make and model, I gifted one to my parents which has the option to choose folders or do the whole SD card. You should definitely confirm this.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:48 AM
dgdg
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Digital picture frame

DaveOls wrote:
I had to open new folders on this card after about every 40 or so images.

If you meant to make the folders regardless, I'm not sure about this. However, if you 'had' to open new folders in order to keep writing to the card, I think a simple format of your card should fix it. I had some 8gb usb sticks that had a memory limitation in windows. I could not use the full 8gb when copying images onto it. I researched some tech forums and found I needed to format the usb stick. After that I could put all my images onto the root of the usb drive.

Sep 30, 2012 at 01:23 AM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #4 · Digital picture frame

Thanks dgdg, I guess I need to format the card in my D80 and then drag and drop the images all over again.

Sep 30, 2012 at 01:31 AM
workerdrone
• • •
p.1 #5 · Digital picture frame

format it on the computer so it's truly a clean slate; formatting a card on a camera creates the default folders that the camera uses

Sep 30, 2012 at 03:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #6 · Digital picture frame

Thanks workerdron, but where do you find the format function on the computer?

Sep 30, 2012 at 07:39 PM
workerdrone
• • •
p.1 #7 · Digital picture frame

on a mac, I use the disk utility app

on windows, I think you just right click > format the card in explorer?

Sep 30, 2012 at 08:36 PM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #8 · Digital picture frame

I'll look at that. Thanks

Sep 30, 2012 at 09:08 PM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #9 · Digital picture frame

I looked it up. You just go into the computer where the drives are shown and right click on top of the drive and that is one of the options.

Sep 30, 2012 at 09:14 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password